Is Jim Spence okay?

Me, paid to write in the Courier whatever shite leaks out of my brain which has almost completely melted:

grr, youngsters these days have no idea what real work is.

It's the use of the emojis though😎

4 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Bitter old man sums him up well. Even his blandest tweets show this.

Yes Jim, you were up at 5am as a kid working before school, and yer ma was probably working in the mills at the age of 13. Doesn't mean it was a good thing ya plonker!

I think he saw a 1970s documentary about a milkman called Robin Askwith and is bitter he didn't get his hole with the wivies of Dundee at the time

35 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Condescending pish. 

An incredible couple of tweets here. 

The cracking part of nonsense like this - bemoaning University educated folk who’ve never worked hard - is that Jim himself studied Law at Uni and has spent most of his career doing that notoriously heavy-lifting job of broadcasting.

I think Jim is being seriously misunderstood here.

From what I have read of his twitter output, he is on the left but has become increasingly frustrated at supposed left wing politicians being more interested in performative politics than actually improving the lives of working people, and he has, rightly IMO, called them out over some of their nonsense such as promoting identity politics.

Of course, this thread is indicative of a recent change where those critical of government are seen as alt-right weirdos who have "gone down a rabbit hole". This of course suits those in power, where if you criticise them you are immediately denounced as some deranged nutter, or transphobic / homophonic / anti-semitic etc. It is gaslighting, the best examples recently being the Zionist movements activities and the transgender lobby (though I  not giving equivalence to either of these cults, as one is obviously more dangerous than the other).

This then reduces dissent as who wants to be accused of being phobic and discriminatory? Disagree with us and you're a fascist. The irony is that this is how fascism starts, by stifling debate and reducing scrutiny.

Just now, Hendo said:

From what I have read of his twitter output, he is on the left but has become increasingly frustrated at supposed left wing politicians being more interested in performative politics than actually improving the lives of working people, and he has, rightly IMO, called them out over some of their nonsense such as promoting identity politics.

Of course, this thread is indicative of a recent change where those critical of government are seen as alt-right weirdos who have "gone down a rabbit hole". This of course suits those in power, where if you criticise them you are immediately denounced as some deranged nutter, or transphobic / homophonic / anti-semitic etc. It is gaslighting, the best examples recently being the Zionist movements activities and the transgender lobby (though I  not giving equivalence to either of these cults, as one is obviously more dangerous than the other).

This then reduces dissent as who wants to be accused of being phobic and discriminatory? Disagree with us and you're a fascist. The irony is that this is how fascism starts, by stifling debate and reducing scrutiny.

Hiya Jim Hiya pal 

11 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Of course, this thread is indicative of a recent change where those critical of government are seen as alt-right weirdos who have "gone down a rabbit hole". This of course suits those in power

Seek help Jim

7 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

I saw Ronda Rousey of UFC fame put out a seemingly genuine apology during the week and appeared to have pulled herself out of a particular conspiracy rabbit hole (if that is the correct terminology).

Surely some real life friends/family of Jim could have a word - or is our human nature to double down when challenged like that?

At least with Rousey there is years and years of being punched in the coupon and thumped aroond the side of the heid as a plausible explanation for cognitive dysfunction. Ginger bairns undoubtedly get it tight, but I'm no sure Spence could really use the same excuse for turning into a bam in his 50s/60s

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

gn603.thumb.png.747cb636fa64d24ba01125561fd19902.png

Clearly called 1-800-GET-HAIR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLMocDUkvzg

23 minutes ago, Hendo said:

nazi-Germany.gif

3 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

He got booed when he came on yesterday if that is any indication.

Any indication of what? A further indication that if you win games you are cool with his views but when you aren’t winning games you won’t be?

PS - I’m not taking the moral high ground here if it was one of my teams players I would probably do the same.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Is that you, Jim? I think it is.