Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

7 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Dirty wee b*****d of a player, whining mingepiece of a manager. GIRUY. 

Think he needs to be focusing on getting a win on the board rather than whinging as a bad loser.

34 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Honestly not got a clue what incident Morton are talking about for their "stonewall" penalty.

I thought that Ethan Ross got clipped when he went down.

JET is a fat mess.

Harsh on Calvin , but I'd consider starting Ross and Morrison against Airdrie assuming everyone is fit

Morton fans thinking the referee was biased towards Falkirk is equally hilarious and embarrassing

I don’t see how Morrison walks back into this team. Need to see how the next couple of games go obviously. Be tempted to start with Ross and Alfie against stenny and tell them to go and show Mcglynn what one of them should start against Celtic. Miller needs to go back on the left, he’s good on the right but so much effective on the left. 

Quality dive for the penalty. Have we brought back Scott Crabbe to train the players on the art of falling over convincingly? That decision aside Imrie has nothing to complain about. The free kick for the 2nd wasn't taken from the right spot but there was still the whole length of the pitch for his team to defend it, he's clutching at straws. Great finish from Alfie. 

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Not a single complaint from the Morton defence for the penalty but aye it was a dive 👀

In fairness to them, I spoke to a few of our injured players at halftime and at least one thought it was a dive. 

However, apart from the pic posted earlier I spoke to two press photographers who had a different angle and both thought it was a penalty. Maybe those pics will come out in the days ahead. 

The bottom line is the Morton boy was behind Tait and had his right hand pulling his arm while his left hand had the back of his shirt. While both were In the box. 

Tait may have made the most of the contact and went down easily but for me it was a penalty all day long. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

In fairness to them, I spoke to a few of our injured players at halftime and at least one thought it was a dive. 

However, apart from the pic posted earlier I spoke to two press photographers who had a different angle and both thought it was a penalty. Maybe those pics will come out in the days ahead. 

The bottom line is the Morton boy was behind Tait and had his right hand pulling his arm while his left hand had the back of his shirt. While both were In the box. 

Tait may have made the most of the contact and went down easily but for me it was a penalty all day long. 

Yes it was a penalty. Why? Coz the ref said so. End of.

18 minutes ago, port-ton said:

The Falkirk player definitely made the most of the contact but it was pish defending and clumsy. No real complaints from our players either. 

The Garrity penalty incident was a close one but from the camera angle provided I’m willing to accept that the defender gets a foot on the ball. The referee is in a great position to see if there was contact with the ball as well so I’ve no complaints with that one either. 

It would be a riddy to complain about a free kick taken on the edge of Falkirks own box being the reason we got carved open for their equaliser as well. The midfield were back behind the ball by the time Ross received it but only Wilson made any effort to follow runners. Baird then slips at the wrong moment and Woods seems to watch it trundle past him.

For our goal I’d say Baird is probably just onside as the Falkirk defender retreats in to the 6 yard box just as it’s flicked to Baird but it must have been close.

Referees get a hard time from fans and rightly so for the most part but a lot of the times the decisions end up being nowhere near as bad as they seem in real time at the match.

Being a ref must be absolutely murder. So many decisions are borderline, at speed, and 99% of players are out to con you.

I'd be booking 15 players a game foe exaggerating contact and claiming for fouls and throws that are clearly not theirs.

While it's natural to complain about refereeing decisions when they've been given a penalty for an obvious dive at 2-0 and we've not been given a stonewaller shortly after, refereeing decisions can't explain the way that team absolutely lost the plot as soon as they conceded, and also the way we lost possession needlessly in the build up to the penalty. We were dominated and chasing shadows from that point on, routinely playing ourselves into trouble and despite effectively only having 10 men with JET on the park we still somehow managed to get even worse with every sub.

Too many players in this squad are simply utter shite, meaning when the few who are more capable have off days we have nothing on the bench to change a game. Despite still creating the occasional chance, it was very obvious we were losing that game from the start of the second half when we kicked off but were somehow desperately defending the edge of our own box within 10 seconds.

We need a real centre forward and should cut our losses on Jay Emmanuel-Thomas now, he is beyond useless.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Not a single complaint from the Morton defence for the penalty but aye it was a dive 👀

Same at the second. Are Morton players furious with the ref and arguing about the freekick being taken from another spot? Are they feck.

6 hours ago, port-ton said:

The Falkirk player definitely made the most of the contact but it was pish defending and clumsy. No real complaints from our players either. 

The Garrity penalty incident was a close one but from the camera angle provided I’m willing to accept that the defender gets a foot on the ball. The referee is in a great position to see if there was contact with the ball as well so I’ve no complaints with that one either. 

It would be a riddy to complain about a free kick taken on the edge of Falkirks own box being the reason we got carved open for their equaliser as well. The midfield were back behind the ball by the time Ross received it but only Wilson made any effort to follow runners. Baird then slips at the wrong moment and Woods seems to watch it trundle past him.

For our goal I’d say Baird is probably just onside as the Falkirk defender retreats in to the 6 yard box just as it’s flicked to Baird but it must have been close.

Referees get a hard time from fans and rightly so for the most part but a lot of the times the decisions end up being nowhere near as bad as they seem in real time at the match.

You’ll never get anywhere with that sort of fair and reasonable attitude.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While it's natural to complain about refereeing decisions when they've been given a penalty for an obvious dive at 2-0 and we've not been given a stonewaller shortly after

😂 wipe the tears away. 

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While it's natural to complain about refereeing decisions when they've been given a penalty for an obvious dive at 2-0 and we've not been given a stonewaller shortly after, refereeing decisions can't explain the way that team absolutely lost the plot as soon as they conceded, and also the way we lost possession needlessly in the build up to the penalty. We were dominated and chasing shadows from that point on, routinely playing ourselves into trouble and despite effectively only having 10 men with JET on the park we still somehow managed to get even worse with every sub.

Too many players in this squad are simply utter shite, meaning when the few who are more capable have off days we have nothing on the bench to change a game. Despite still creating the occasional chance, it was very obvious we were losing that game from the start of the second half when we kicked off but were somehow desperately defending the edge of our own box within 10 seconds.

We need a real centre forward and should cut our losses on Jay Emmanuel-Thomas now, he is beyond useless.

Not a dive and certainly not a stonewaller.

Apart from that a reasonable post.

The JET guy is outrageously bad.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

I tend to read the reaction of the players, no-one in a morton strip complained about the penalty, nor did they complain about colls tackle which tells me they knew. Why Dougie has decided to turn into an absolute mess in the interview no-one will ever know 😆 Morton look a decent enough side but with no focal point as JET looks done as a player and changing your signing policy looks like its having a real impact, feels like a lot of panic signings to throw everything at it and hope one sticks. 
From our perspective, we defended the 2 goals poorly and could have conceded a 3rd in similar circumstances but this team just keep going, Tait has been off the boil the last few weeks but contributed to all 3 goals today, Alfie has surely earned a start now and even with 4 players out, we’ve developed a knack for grinding it out.

Watched the highlights back on Falkirk TV. Still think their penalty was incredibly soft and could have went either way. Delaney maybe could have done better. The Garrity foul looks like a stone waller. I was furious at the game and still cannot see why the penalty hasn't been given. 2 massive decisions that haven't went our way. Dougie has every right to call out the referee's performance.

I think in defence and midfield we are actually fine although when Shug goes off we have no alternative. He has been fantastic so far. Dougie has been pretty ruthless in his time here and he needs to be again - shift a few fringe players out on loan and bring in better. Upfront is where our problems lie. JET has shown glimpses of what he can bring - the ball for moffats chance yesterday was brilliant however if he's in the teams a striker/ target man then he needs to be further up the pitch and more of a presence. If Big Oakley was in our team yesterday we won that game.

Great away support and a good atmosphere yesterday. Really well observed tribute to big Doaky too. 

29 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Watched the highlights back on Falkirk TV. Still think their penalty was incredibly soft and could have went either way. Delaney maybe could have done better. The Garrity foul looks like a stone waller. I was furious at the game and still cannot see why the penalty hasn't been given. 2 massive decisions that haven't went our way. Dougie has every right to call out the referee's performance.

I think in defence and midfield we are actually fine although when Shug goes off we have no alternative. He has been fantastic so far. Dougie has been pretty ruthless in his time here and he needs to be again - shift a few fringe players out on loan and bring in better. Upfront is where our problems lie. JET has shown glimpses of what he can bring - the ball for moffats chance yesterday was brilliant however if he's in the teams a striker/ target man then he needs to be further up the pitch and more of a presence. If Big Oakley was in our team yesterday we won that game.

Great away support and a good atmosphere yesterday. Really well observed tribute to big Doaky too. 

Except he doesn’t, watch the reaction of the Morton players. Yes the penalty was soft but he gives the ref a decision to make by holding his arm in one hand and pulling the shirt with the other, the defender doesn’t appeal it as he knows their is nothing to appeal. For Garrity’s penalty claim, both players are running side by side and he slips just as Coll takes the ball, he then punches the ground in frustration at having slipped and again- no Morton players appeal.

His complaint on the free kick is laughable as well, we are on the edge of our own box and still have the length of the pitch to go, Morton don’t defend the passes well and concede and he goes to pieces and likely gets himself a ban for it.