Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ v ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น Portugal - 15th October

Apologies if already mentioned, but the BBC have said that Barron's replaced Forrest in the squad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/ckgmpd37lk0t

With the u21s unlikely to qualify, hopefully Barron's able to stick around the squad permanently now. I'd be quite happy with him as a backup for Gilmour.ย 

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Apologies if already mentioned, but the BBC have said that Barron's replaced Forrest in the squad:

With the u21s unlikely to qualify, hopefully Barron's able to stick around the squad permanently now. I'd be quite happy with him as a backup for Gilmour.ย 

Every time I've seen Barron this year he's looked like a bit of a liability - admittedly that was only the Celtic game, a couple of the European games and the Belgium u21s the other night so I am willing to accept I'm wrong. Obviously there is still plenty of time for him to improve.

1 hour ago, TeeMan said:

Every time I've seen Barron this year he's looked like a bit of a liability - admittedly that was only the Celtic game, a couple of the European games and the Belgium u21s the other night so I am willing to accept I'm wrong. Obviously there is still plenty of time for him to improve.

He was our best player by a mile on Friday night?

2 hours ago, troopio said:

Strange how exactly? All 4 keep getting starts despite being utter mincemeat and there being better or more in form players left on the bench with zero hope of an appearance.ย 

All 4 will start tomorrow because Clarke puts loyalty first which is mad considering he said a few years ago that being in form and playing regularly was important, he even dropped players for it but now seems to be different. Hes a muppet who needs to go

McLean was good against Croatia the other night. Hanley is a diddy I'll give you that.ย 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I watched that Belgium game the other night and if anyone suggests that players should play for the U21s because they have an "important game" instead of being called up to the main squad again in future we should usher that person slowly out the door and into a padded room. The U21s under their current management is a complete waste of time.ย 

1 hour ago, TeeMan said:

Having frozen ma baws off at Tynecastle on Friday night my opinion from seeing Barron live is that he is in no way suited to being the defensive ball winner we need in the midfield. He looked much better when he was given some free rein to get forward, I thought.

To be honest I thought Doig was the only player on Friday who looked good enough for the senior team. And given that Belgium attacked pretty much exclusively down Johnston's side, I reckon they'd agree with me.

2 hours ago, TeeMan said:

He's probably not ready to play against most sides at or above our level, which is something he seems to be struggling with at Rangers, but I think he's worth having in the squad similar to how Ferguson kicked about for a year without playing much.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Gordon

Ralston Porteous Souttarย  Robertson

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Gilmourย  McTominay

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Doakย  Gauldย  ย Christie

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  Nisbet

56 minutes ago, AMG99 said:

Bold decision to move our biggest goal threat back the way.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

ย 

I think it would be good, if UEFA allow it, to negotiate with the rights holders to have full match replays on the National Team YouTube channel.ย 

I know being a part of the 'live conversation' is a big part of watching big events, but it could be an accessible way for people to watch full Scotland games without needing the BBC/STV to stump up (though that'd obviously be the ideal scenario). I can't imagine it would eat into viewing figures all that much.ย 

13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think it would be good, if UEFA allow it, to negotiate with the rights holders to have full match replays on the National Team YouTube channel.ย 

I know being a part of the 'live conversation' is a big part of watching big events, but it could be an accessible way for people to watch full Scotland games without needing the BBC/STV to stump up (though that'd obviously be the ideal scenario). I can't imagine it would eat into viewing figures all that much.ย 

Isn't everything posted live on YouTube available for rewatch anyway?ย 
ย 

I'm not sure what the deal between the SFA and Viaplay has been, but I guess it hasn't actually changed that much, SFA have probably agreed that any money they make would go straight to Viaplay as if their stream was watched directly.

2 hours ago, AMG99 said:

Hang on, has Nisbet been brought in to the squad?