Treble Chasing Motherwell vs St Mirren - 28/09/24

Haven’t read any more details about the Rooney/Bevvy/Incident/Investigation/Suspension situation, so no idea if he’s likely to be involved/suspended/arrested/jailed/put on death row.

Or worse, put on the transfer list and picked up by Morton.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Haven’t read any more details about the Rooney/Bevvy/Incident/Investigation/Suspension situation, so no idea if he’s likely to be involved/suspended/arrested/jailed/put on death row.

Or worse, put on the transfer list and picked up by Morton.

It would seem unfeasibly quick to announce you're going to suspend him on Thursday and lift it by the Saturday.

No idea what he did either but fair play to St Mirren for acting decisively - though given the unlimited support clubs often offer players in this situation, the cynic in me wonders if it's something worse than the usual full and frank exchange of views with another drunk punter.

11 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It would seem unfeasibly quick to announce you're going to suspend him on Thursday and lift it by the Saturday.

No idea what he did either but fair play to St Mirren for acting decisively - though given the unlimited support clubs often offer players in this situation, the cynic in me wonders if it's something worse than the usual full and frank exchange of views with another drunk punter.

At this juncture, anything could happen. The club could conclude that after conducting their investigation and getting the facts, he gets a slap on the wrist and warned about future conduct - or it’s deemed serious enough that he never plays for us again and the club have grounds for booting him down Greenhill Road. Somehow I don’t see it being somewhere ‘in-between’ those. Only time will tell though.

I take it the alleged Rooney incident is the same one as the one last week where Rooney and another St. Mirren player allegedly got chucked out of Wunderbar in the City Centre after celebrating Celtic's Champions League victory and Rooney allegedly did not take the incident very well?

As for tomorrow's game, I think it will be a close one.  St. Mirren have had a decent start to the season and you can never write off a Stephen Robinson side.  However, there's a good feeling about this Motherwell side at the minute so I'll go for a very tight 2-1 victory.  KVV with a beauty of an equaliser, giving it the full cupped ear celebration down the East Stand, before wee Moses nets another injury time winner.

9 hours ago, Desp said:

KVV with a beauty of an equaliser,

It's pretty wild that there are potentially 8 more times that KVV and Moult can be doing this to us - could be some painful viewing this season.

I'd love us to carry on where we left off in the 2nd half of the Utd game - we looked a decent attacking team at times. I almost get the impression that we don't know what to do with ourselves at the start of the game, then something happens and we become decent. I'd like to see a bit more game time given to Stamatelopolous Bruce to see what what he's about but there is zero chance that Robinson is dropping out as soon as he actually scored.

St Mirren will have had better weeks preparation with their assistant leaving and the Rooney stuff - so hopefully they aren't firing on all cylinders as they look to be one of the better attacking teams in the league so far.

14 hours ago, Mr Hahn said:

This. Just don't go through that roundabout unless you're going to ASDA, Aldi or the Brandon Parade car park and don't have any choice. At the start of the works there was a fair delay getting through there, it's borderline dangerous now IMO.

Like most football fans, always a bit apprehensive when a former hero player returns (see Moult 7 days ago) but feeling quietly confident about the team we're building atm. We look more of a threat now which is good as at the start of the season, it was just set pieces when we ever looked like scoring as the team started to gel. 

Hoping Robinson can go on a bit of a run after a confidence boosting goal against Utd and Tony Watt against a former team feels like a situation he'd thrive in. Would love to see Miller drop back into his deeper role but don't see it, think we'll see a very similar team to that which played Utd. 

Christ mate, that’s half the league 😛

Events of the week have weakened St Mirren's defence and theoretically ours too but I'm more enthused about Kaleta starting than SOD coming in for him if the roles were reserved.

Think this game will be decided by two factors, who has the edge in midfield and who has the quality in front of goal. If Davor puts in the same shift and Halliday bodies O'Hara and the rest like he did vs Hearts it will help. On paper I think St Mirren edge that element.

Up front they've got a guy on a mini hot streak whom we need to nullify while we get Tony with an extra 8-10 fitness sessions since his last game and Robinson looking to push on. Stama looked up for it on Friday too. Malwanhise didn't recreate his impact in his first couple of games but be surprised if he doesn't start, Kettlewell only does changes to winning teams if they're enforced.

We also start slow and dopey and don't tend to shake that off until 30 minutes have elapsed.

We gonna use any of the Filip money from Morton for Alex Gorrin?

Edited by Vietnam91

13 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

The Rooney suspension sets a dangerous precedent as far as St Mirren are concerned. 

If they were to suspend every thug in their squad they wouldn't have enough players left to pick a team. 

image.jpeg.4971e897ae8dd1e946c687cc6ffa2142.jpeg

I'm away for the September weekend so won't make this but expect it to be tight and wouldn't be at all surprised by a draw. 

The difference in this league comes down to being solid at the back and being able to take some of the chances you make. St Mirren have done that the last few years and, after a slow start, appear to be back to more like their old self.

We've shown signs of getting there but seems to start with the intention of being solid at the back above all else before opening up.

Not got a great feeling about this. I expect Elvis to be beaten in the air for Morherwell's winner, followed by 28 pages where Rooney is blamed for the defeat because he's a total fud.

Is Kettlewell still in the habit of crying buckets of tears if the Motherwell physio even so much as has to consider moving out their seat during the match?

Good luck to the BBC pitch side reporter today. They have the unenviable job of having to listen to his pish. 

22 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I fancy Robinson to go on a wee scoring run after his goal vs United last week. Watt also to score.

2-0 Motherwell.

You forgot about the inevitable Van Veen goal. So 2-1 to the good guys.

Hopefully Lennon Miller can come through the game unscathed by the bully boy tactics…

34 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I fancy Robinson to go on a wee scoring run after his goal vs United last week. Watt also to score.

2-0 Motherwell.

You forgot about Ebiye. I think he'll break his goal drought today. 3-0. 

Bookies have us around evens today with St Mirren tipping towards 3/1, which will be a tempting bet for many of the Buddies as there's obvs very little between the teams imo. 

Expecting a tight affair which will be won by the odd goal either way, just hope it's us with the 3pts come full time. 

2-1 'Well with another late Moses winner.