Raith Rovers v falkirk

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

So, we're actually paying an extra couple of quid because Starks Park is such a lovely stadium? 

And here's me been thinking that Falkirk fans were getting gouged because of tiered pricing.

My apologies.

Well worth it for the lovely new laundry.

55 minutes ago, DITSOR said:

Really not getting all this knicker wetting about Cat A pricing for this game.

1. £24 today is the equivalent to £19 back in 2018/19 - the last time FFC were in the Championship. Pretty sure tickets weren't much cheaper than that back then so increase is mostly in line with inflation

2. It is reasonable to expect that FFC will bring a larger support than a Morton, Livi or Hamilton, etc therefore additional costs for Raith come with that. 

3. If £2 is the tipping point, then you probably can't afford to be spending £22 on a ticket either. 

Your second point is probably one of the most incorrect things ever typed on this forum. Well done. 

1 hour ago, DITSOR said:

It is reasonable to expect that FFC will bring a larger support than a Morton, Livi or Hamilton, etc therefore additional costs for Raith come with that. 

I really don't like when clubs make this case. Stewarding costs will be higher, with a bigger away support, but that will be taken care of by the extra tickets sold. 

I'm not pro the different tiered prices but if I didn't have a season ticket, the games I'd pick and choose would be the more expensive ones. I would rather pay £24 to see a derby than £22 to see a Hamilton game.

I don't see it ever stopping while prem clubs can bung an extra few quid on rangers and celtic games, knowing the away ends will sell out regardless.

Edited by Raith2711

3 minutes ago, Raith2711 said:

I really don't like when clubs make this case. Stewarding costs will be higher, with a bigger away support, but that will be taken care of by the extra tickets sold. 

I'm not pro the different tiered prices but if I didn't have a season ticket, the games I'd pick and choose would be the more expensive ones. I would rather pay £24 to see a derby than £22 to see a Hamilton game.

I don't see it ever stopping while prem clubs can bung an extra few quid on rangers and celtic games, knowing the away ends will sell out regardless.

It's pretty standard across the board these days. It's not as if we're adding on an extra tenner or more onto the cost. 

It's been well worth it for the fresh Falkirk tears... They've had 5 away games in a row you know? 

On 26/09/2024 at 06:10, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder what we will wear strip wise given our away strip has navy shorts and socks. We might see our red away top with the home white shorts and red socks. Would have been an ideal time to introduce a third strip or do Raith wear their away strip which we’ve done at home in the past.

You've worn our away strip at Stark's Park in the past (circa 1988) - your kitman packed your navy kit.

18 hours ago, Pride of Fife said:

Aston Villa are charging £80 a ticket for season ticket holders and £97 for non season ticket holders for Champions League games while away fans at same game will pay £50 each!

Its a strange one.Believe its a UEFA ruling that away fans can only be charged a maximum £50 where theres no ruling what the home club charge there own fans

On tiered pricing,dont agree with it but understand why the club do it

As far as Hamilton goes charging £26 .I can afford it but simply wont go because it ain,t worth it

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 hours ago, DITSOR said:

It's pretty standard across the board these days. It's not as if we're adding on an extra tenner or more onto the cost. 

It's been well worth it for the fresh Falkirk tears... They've had 5 away games in a row you know? 

Didn’t know they had any Tory’s in Kirkcaldy but there we go x 

Hope when we play Raith we change it to 45 quid a ticket for away fans. 

oh wait, I can see how that wouldn’t be fair, and would probably put a lot of Raith fans off. Oh well, f**k trying to get fans in the door, it’ll cause ‘Raith tears’ or something along those lines. 

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Pricing rears its ugly head constantly but christ its simple, If you can afford it and thinks its worth it,come,if not and £2 extra leaves you skint,dont

Wait till you see the price of the pies 😅

We are in no position to talk about the price of pies, believe me. 

4 hours ago, DITSOR said:

Really not getting all this knicker wetting about Cat A pricing for this game.

1. £24 today is the equivalent to £19 back in 2018/19 - the last time FFC were in the Championship. Pretty sure tickets weren't much cheaper than that back then so increase is mostly in line with inflation

2. It is reasonable to expect that FFC will bring a larger support than a Morton, Livi or Hamilton, etc therefore additional costs for Raith come with that. 

3. If £2 is the tipping point, then you probably can't afford to be spending £22 on a ticket either. 

Additional costs!!!!

Are you f**king dense?

Using your logic playing games behind closed doors would be the most financially advantageous.

46 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Hope when we play Raith we change it to 45 quid a ticket for away fans. 

oh wait, I can see how that wouldn’t be fair, and would probably put a lot of Raith fans off. Oh well, f**k trying to get fans in the door, it’ll cause ‘Raith tears’ or something along those lines. 

No no it’s fine, because what’s an extra £5 these days?  And it’s only £5 more than £40, which is only £5 more than £35, and so on and so no.