Raith Rovers v falkirk

3 hours ago, Oberon43 said:

Raith clear favourites for the real derby against our close neighbours Falkirk. Superior form over the last seven days and humongous home support. Cladding now complete will also play its part. 3-1 Rovers 

Good point about the cladding. I expect the sizeable ex Rovers contingent will have their heads scrambled by all the changes at the ground and that could hand us a crucial edge. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Additional costs!!!!

Are you f**king dense?

Using your logic playing games behind closed doors would be the most financially advantageous.

Aye its usually the additional costs that do the most damage rather than the ticket price. Especially if you're travelling by public transport. 

24 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Would take a draw today. 

If you haven't watched the Rover podcast for this weeks game worth watching, from approx 50 minutes I think. Pretty impressed by the 4 guys on it and the podcast itself which was a good listen, however, yet another podcast where the opposition seem to be fairly confident of ending our 43 match unbeaten run. The confidence seems largely based around playing well for 80 minutes v Hamilton and getting a couple of new signings in and potential long term injuries back. My favourite quote was along the lines of "I wouldn't take many, if any, of the Falkirk squad into our squad/team". Interesting given the respective starts of both teams in the league. I remember pretty much the fans of the first 5 teams we've played this season saying similar.

For what it's worth I think this is a potential banana skin given our injuries and having played 5 games away from home on the bounce. Rovers have some decent players. Agree though, get through this undefeated, get a couple of players back, rest up and then we'll be well positioned for a run of games at home.

Really looking forward to this, approx 1400-1500 away tickets now sold. Should be well over 1500 Bairns there.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

If you haven't watched the Rover podcast for this weeks game worth watching, from approx 50 minutes I think. Pretty impressed by the 4 guys on it and the podcast itself which was a good listen, however, yet another podcast where the opposition seem to be fairly confident of ending our 43 match unbeaten run. The confidence seems largely based around playing well for 80 minutes v Hamilton and getting a couple of new signings in and potential long term injuries back. My favourite quote was along the lines of "I wouldn't take many, if any, of the Falkirk squad into our squad/team". Interesting given the respective starts of both teams in the league. I remember pretty much the fans of the first 5 teams we've played this season saying similar.

For what it's worth I think this is a potential banana skin given our injuries and having played 5 games away from home on the bounce. Rovers have some decent players. Agree though, get through this undefeated, get a couple of players back, rest up and then we'll be well positioned for a run of games at home.

Really looking forward to this, approx 1400-1500 away tickets now sold. Should be well over 1500 Bairns there.

Having listened as well, you probably should put the quote into full context instead of Donald Trump-ing it. The main point was that it was a compliment to John McGlynn that he gets more out of players than most because when you look at the team on paper, its not a team that should be doing as well as they're doing and split them up into other teams, they'll not perform as well. When you look at the names, there aren't many you instantly think would be better than players in other squads, but as a group, they're on fire and the fact that McGlynn has got them absolutely firing is credit to him. 

We've seen the ex-Rovers players before, Spencer is one i'd absolutely love back at Starks. Tait as well, though he's an angry wee man that gets booked way too often. The others, no thanks. Ethan Ross was awful with us more than he was good. Lang when he wasn't injured was a liability in the back line, charging out to win the ball regardless of situation and letting himself be caught by it repeatedly and Sean Mackie was really pretty poor, he's also one that seems to really believe cutting holes in the back of your socks helps in some way?  

But again, the point isn't you've got rubbish players therefore we should win, its that McGlynn is doing what he's always done and thats get way more than he should out of the players at his disposal and really, enjoy it while it lasts. If you somehow lose today, your team deserves nothing but applause for the 43 games unbeaten, its a hell of a record.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

My favourite quote was along the lines of "I wouldn't take many, if any, of the Falkirk squad into our squad/team". Interesting given the respective starts of both teams in the league. I remember pretty much the fans of the first 5 teams we've played this season saying similar.

At least in part, I think that's down to lack of exposure. There's obviously a lot of quality in that Falkirk squad, it would be silly to suggest otherwise, but I've personally never seen Keelan Adams (for example) to be able to judge. 

At the halfway point of the season it'll be easier to make those kind of judgements.

And I don't think it's controversial to say that McGlynn is wringing every ounce out of that Falkirk squad, and improving the players he brings in. There can't have been many of you who were cock-a-hoop at the signings of Ross MacIver or Dylan Tait at the time, given their career trajectories prior. 

19 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

At least in part, I think that's down to lack of exposure. There's obviously a lot of quality in that Falkirk squad, it would be silly to suggest otherwise, but I've personally never seen Keelan Adams (for example) to be able to judge. 

At the halfway point of the season it'll be easier to make those kind of judgements.

And I don't think it's controversial to say that McGlynn is wringing every ounce out of that Falkirk squad, and improving the players he brings in. There can't have been many of you who were cock-a-hoop at the signings of Ross MacIver or Dylan Tait at the time, given their career trajectories prior. 

Don't disagree with any of that post. Funnily enough Keelan Adams was the player I immediately thought of re players you'd definitely take from Falkirk. Very very good prospect.

29 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

To be fair to you all, Keelan Adams has taken most of us by surprise too. I’ve never seen a player come in from the level he was playing at and make the transition so easily. He’s played both in the middle and right back for us and just looks so comfortable. Even last week at Celtic Park nothing seemed to phase him.  The lad is a star who will definitely go places and have a great career.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

It’s the pessimist in me, but feeling a bit uneasy this morning. No MacIver is massive and if Coll is out too it’s a big blow. Would back this group of players to do anything tbh but going into it today I’d take a draw quite happily.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

21 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It’s the pessimist in me, but feeling a bit uneasy this morning. No MacIver is massive and if Coll is out too it’s a big blow. Would back this group of players to do anything tbh but going into it today I’d take a draw quite happily.

Coll is less of a blow though given the signing of Luke Graham who by all accounts, could conceivably waltz in here and be the best defender at the club. 

Well the last few excellent posts have restored my faith in balanced posters from the previous few pages at least.

Really looking forward to playing Falkirk again and, strangely for having so many ex-players and managers, won't be booing any of them because they all contributed to us during their time with us - whether by being great (McGlynn/Smith, Spencer), financially helping (Tait, Mackie) or even just unlucky with injuries but still performing in between (Ross, Lang).

I don't think its bad craic by supporters to predict they will end Falkirk's unbeaten run (someone has to) because there's no clear outstanding team in the league but by that same measure, I can totally understand their fans' confidence.

Roll on 3pm.

I'd be pleasantly shocked if we got something today, to have a chance would rely on us getting 90 minutes out of Hamilton, Dabrowski suddenly finding last season's form and keeping 11 guys on the park. None of which is a given.

Traditionally, after losing in a cup competition, we've gone hell for leather to dish out a skelping to whomever we run across in the league the week after. Hopefully today follows the same pattern but like others I am quite fearful regarding the number of injuries we're having to deal with.

Quite looking forward to returning to Starks. It feels like Raith and Falkirk have largely been in the same league since I started going to games 30 odd years ago but I haven't been since the 2-2 playoff game. It was generally one of the away days my family tried to take in at least once a season and a fair few of us aren't really able to do away games these days so it'll be a bit weird just going with my pal.