Are you common?

ICTChris

I scored 5, does that make me common because I wanna live like common people, I wanna do whatever common people do.

Presumably the tit that's devised this list is some sort of failed Tory/Reform MP candidate who now hosts a show on GB News?

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

Anyone with any sense who's required to carry a phone for work will take up the offer of a second phone from their employer.

After hours/not on call? Phone #2 goes off. No accidentally seeing the ambiguous "report to my office first thing on Monday" texts/emails.

This is a whole other discussion - people that can't leave a phone ringing or switch off notifications.

I have one phone and have never answered a work call when I don't want to.

Edited by strichener

The faux middle class snobbery absolutely reeking out this thread. Sad to see the common man dragged through the dirt like this. If you weren't born into a position of social rank you are a commoner and no amount of looking down your nose at others will change that. Funny number of people saying "this guy's a p***k" then going through the list desperately trying to prove they aren't common. 

See you all in the street for a kebab and a gin!

Some of those are very, very weird indeed. Mr Hanson should be on some sort of list. Anyway, 5/16.

Some things I think are common: 

Grey houses 

Plastic grass

Crushed velvet 

Leasing cars 

Lip fillers

Turkey teeth

Keypad tones 

Treating A&E visits as a family day out

"Live laugh love" and similar shite

Being a 'top fan' on a Facebook page

Dubai

Not having your phone on silent

Putting your entire life on Instagram

Matching Christmas pyjamas

- Tie clips - no.

2 - Liquid soap - Yes however I prefer bars as it's less plastic / more environmentally friendly.

3 - Eating on the street - Yes. I'll eat where I f*****g want.

4 - Holding a knife like a pen - No. 

5 - Mounted televisions - Don't currently have but will do soon. Nothing wrong with this.

6 - Applying make-up in public - No however I would do if I was a lassie and have no issues with lassies doing so.

7 - Gin and tonic - Yes. I'm feeling supersonic.

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne - Yes. I rarely buy either anyway.

9  Eating on the Tube - Yes. See 3.

10 - Personalised number plates - NO. The number one thing on the list I agree with. w**k.

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove - No but would use if I had to.

12 - Hot tubs - No but no issues with folk having them.

13 - The Great British Bake Off - No. Pile of shite.

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas - No. Don't currently own. Would I buy again if I really like them, yes.

15 - Buying portraits - No. Would I buy for my own house? Unlikely.

16 - Salted caramel - No. I would eat but it's not my flavour of choice.

I guess my main thoughts on this are that the guy who came up with this list must be one of the dullest people on earth to care so much about such trivial matters.

47 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

A lot of Tory types outing themselves in this thread by instantly agreeing that common = bad. I bet you all look like the marzipan faced c**t that came up with this shite.

I don't think folk are being entirely serious with their self-evaluations. 

14 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Few boys in my year had these absolute honkers

PRADA America Cup Black Patent Leather Trainers Sneakers Mens UK 5.5 US 6.5 - Picture 1 of 11

£300+ even today :lol: 

They were all absolute minks

Horrendous. Look like a pair of sannies you would have head your head stood on for wearing to school in my day. 

5 hours ago, strichener said:

This is a whole other discussion - people that can't leave a phone ringing or switch off notifications.

I have one phone and have never answered a work call when I don't want to.

Presumably you don't get personal messages either though?

I understand some people do, and might be tempted to look at their phones for that reason. Bunch of weirdos.

Only two for me, liquid soap and Adidas Trainers.

I have just realised that since I was 14 I have always had at least one pair of Adidas Sambas.

Other signs of "being common" are

• Buying a car using PCP finance
  • Having way too much jewellery on show
  • Applauding when the plane lands
  • Wearing leisurewear but never doing any exercise
  • Reading The Sun or Daily Record and believe everything that is written is the gospel truth
  • Not voting, because "What's the point"

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The faux middle class snobbery absolutely reeking out this thread. Sad to see the common man dragged through the dirt like this. If you weren't born into a position of social rank you are a commoner and no amount of looking down your nose at others will change that. Funny number of people saying "this guy's a p***k" then going through the list desperately trying to prove they aren't common. 

See you all in the street for a kebab and a gin!

There are a lot of upper middle class people who do things that I find rather tacky and common. And I'm a scruffy  herbert. 

• Personalised registration plate
  • Live laugh love signage in the house
  • Owning an iPhone
  • Eating from McDonald's
  • Wearing a Gilet
  • 'icon' baseball cap
  • 'crushed velvet' 
  • Having a reptile as a pet
  • 'Castore'
  • 'Louis Vuitton'

I thought I would type out some that I feel are missing from the list but on reflection, I have probably just described Ryan Kent.  

Are you a colossal bell end? 
Would you make up a list like this to be judgmental of others?  

1 - Tie clips

2 - Liquid soap

3 - Eating on the street

4 - Holding a knife like a pen

5 - Mounted televsions

6 - Applying make-up in public

7 - Gin and tonic

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne

9  Eating on the Tube

10 - Personalised number plates

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove

12 - Hot tubs

13 - The Great British Bake Off

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas

15 - Buying portraits

16 - Salted caramel

If so you’re clearly a stuck up, self entitled, bell end of the very highest order, and should be ashamed of yourself. 

I'm glad I'm not the first to point out that the etiquette expert is a f**king bellend.

As for my common score.

1 - Tie clips - No. Never wear a tie either.

2 - Liquid soap - No

3 - Eating on the street - Yes.

4 - Holding a knife like a pen - No

5 - Mounted televisions - No but my daughter is common.

6 - Applying make-up in public - No. Not even in private. Honest.

7 - Gin and tonic - No.

8 - Prosecco in lieu of champagne - No but champagne is more bogging than prosecco. I don't drink either.

9  Eating on the Tube - No.

10 - Personalised number plates - No. About the only thing I agree with the bellend on.

11 - Zoopla and Rightmove - No.

12 - Hot tubs - No but I have had holidays in lodges with a hot tub. Does that count as 1/2 a point?

13 - The Great British Bake Off - No.

14 - Trainers, particularly Adidas - Yes

15 - Buying portraits - No. Why would I want a reminder of my ugly face. f**k that.

16 - Salted caramel - No, although I'd imagine the guy is an expert on salted biscuits.

2 1/2 points on the common scale. I'm a posh c**t me. (I do live in a posh area but I thought I was just a social climber. Seems I've found my correct station in life)

Edited by Suspect Device