Kilmarnock vs Sevco The Rangers

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Read on Twitter there that rangers have only scored 1 away league goal all season.

That was against us. Declan Gallagher shat out of a challenge on Tom Lawrence and he just walked through.

On the other side of the coin, Marley Watkins became the first non-Celtic or Rangers player to score against them in the league this season. They had conceded 3 against Celtic, and Motherwell's goal was an OG by Propper

2 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I grew up going to Rugby Park in the late 1990s at the tail end of Rangers' 9 in a row team and on their day they could tear teams apart with what seemed like relative ease. As unsettling as it was to watch your team get absolutely pumped by admittedly very good and even great players, you at least could say you'd seen the likes of Brian Laudrup play. There was a proper fear factor that they brought down the A77 with them, and you almost always had the mentality of "anything more than 3-0 is a bad result". Now, I watch Rangers team after Rangers team come down the M77 to our place and it's not even surprising that we've managed to get yet another victory over them. The fear factor is totally gone - what reason is there to fear Cyriel Dessers or John Souttar or Vaclav Cerny? - and long may it continue.

I will never tire of seeing my team beat Rangers and Celtic. Never. When I was a kid, Killie went from not beating Rangers at home from 1994 (the last game in front of the old terracing) until 2011 when Manuel Pascali headed in after Sone Aluko played him onside. It got to the point around 2008 when Jim Jefferies was our manager where I thought that I'd never see it happen. Now we're spoiled by comparison!

As lacklustre as the away side were, today Killie played brilliantly and had the best chances in front of goal. The only time I thought Rangers should have scored was their chance that went past the post in injury time and after that they looked totally spent. My hope is that the comeback win at Dens has galvanised us and kickstarted the season. However, with a few away games and then Celtic at home it could be another tricky spell for us.

Delighted - 'mon the stripes!

Ive re read this a few times now and it makes my wee heart happy each time. Don’t get me wrong, you’re still a dkb but fair play. I just don’t entertain attending games against either cheek. They are sporadic for Ayr  thankfully but I just don’t attend and it’s for a few reasons but mostly the toxicity of each fanbase. I’m a dad now and I’ve managed to shield my kids from the old firm so far. To have had to go head to head with both cheeks season after season must be draining so you’ve absolutely deserved today and more so, the fact they are no longer to be feared. Re “mon the stripes”? f**k your stripes ya dkb. 

27 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ive re read this a few times now and it makes my wee heart happy each time. Don’t get me wrong, you’re still a dkb but fair play. I just don’t entertain attending games against either cheek. They are sporadic for Ayr  thankfully but I just don’t attend and it’s for a few reasons but mostly the toxicity of each fanbase. I’m a dad now and I’ve managed to shield my kids from the old firm so far. To have had to go head to head with both cheeks season after season must be draining so you’ve absolutely deserved today and more so, the fact they are no longer to be feared. Re “mon the stripes”? f**k your stripes ya dkb. 

Our rivalry aside, I respect everyone who turns up to Somerset Park every other Saturday to see Ayr play. In an ideal world, we'd all go along to see our local team and there would be no glory-hunting and no wee fannies from Shortlees who like Rangers and can't wait for "Killie away yass HWG". I like our rivalry and it's pish getting beaten, but that's a part of life. Nobody gets it all their own way in life and football is certainly more different. I get how hard it is to shield kids from the influence of the Glasgow two, given that there's always going to be kids in their class who are daft about one of the two and when you're a kid it's an easy route to go down when the team wins all the time. I'm glad my parents - especially my dad - told me to persevere with Killie and it makes these days all the sweeter. I completely understand why you wouldn't want to go to Somerset when either side comes to town because the baggage that they bring can be nasty sometimes. For me, the perseverance is worth it and then some.

Finally, just a wee reminder - WFAANW 😜

14 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Our rivalry aside, I respect everyone who turns up to Somerset Park every other Saturday to see Ayr play. In an ideal world, we'd all go along to see our local team and there would be no glory-hunting and no wee fannies from Shortlees who like Rangers and can't wait for "Killie away yass HWG". I like our rivalry and it's pish getting beaten, but that's a part of life. Nobody gets it all their own way in life and football is certainly more different. I get how hard it is to shield kids from the influence of the Glasgow two, given that there's always going to be kids in their class who are daft about one of the two and when you're a kid it's an easy route to go down when the team wins all the time. I'm glad my parents - especially my dad - told me to persevere with Killie and it makes these days all the sweeter. I completely understand why you wouldn't want to go to Somerset when either side comes to town because the baggage that they bring can be nasty sometimes. For me, the perseverance is worth it and then some.

Finally, just a wee reminder - WFAANW 😜

Ffs ya reasonable east AYRshire w**k. Before someone tells us to book a room, I’ve booked a suite at Turnberry. My wife is dropping me off. Bring “a bag of cans” and could I just get your card number and the wee 3 digits. Meet you in the spa?

-Edited to add, bring your dad. Sounds like a good guy.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

47 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’ve booked a suite at Turnberry.

Speaking of Turnberry, the Rangers team stayed there last night. I can think of no practical reason for that, given it's more of a drive from there to Rugby Park than it is from Ibrox. 

Smacks of the players wanting a wee golfing jolly and the club obliging to the tune of tens of thousands they don't have. 

Worked well for them. 

Edited by deadasdillinger

38 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Speaking of Turnberry, the Rangers team stayed there last night. I can think of no practical reason for that, given it's more of a drive from there to Rugby Park than it is from Ibrox. 

Smacks of the players wanting a wee golfing jolly and the club obliging to the tune of tens of thousands they don't have. 

Worked well for them. 

I remember having a weekend in the Weeg with the family in 2009/10.  We took the lift down to have breakfast around 9 and I was surprised to see that we were sharing a lift with Tony Mowbray who was Celtic's manager at the time.  It turned out that the team stayed the night at the hotel because they were playing at Fir Park at lunchtime.  I believe the rationale was that they couldn't trust the players to - turn up at Celtic Park at the right time in the morning/eat the right breakfast at the right time/avoid the temptation to have a refreshment on Friday night.  

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ffs ya reasonable east AYRshire w**k. Before someone tells us to book a room, I’ve booked a suite at Turnberry. My wife is dropping me off. Bring “a bag of cans” and could I just get your card number and the wee 3 digits. Meet you in the spa?

-Edited to add, bring your dad. Sounds like a good guy.

Deal, what's your tipple?

2 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Worked well for them. 

Just when you think your opinion of Rangers couldn't get any lower, you find out they gave money to Trump.

Makes the suffering of their fans all the more enjoyable of course. 

10 hours ago, GordonS said:

October 2024: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

August 2023: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

February 2020: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

May 2019: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

January 2019: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

March 2018: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

December 2017: Rangers stunned as Kilmarnock claim shock victory

With results like this, surely Killie's plastic pitch has a shot at being the next Rangers manager