Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

:lol: If i get to that stage I'll move to a bungalow. What the hell would happen if you were in one of these things and there was a power cut? It must have happened at some time.

I recall an episode of Phoenix Nights where Peter Kaye's character got stuck halfway up the stairs during a power cut which immobilised his stairlift and he couldn't get to the toilet. Suffice to say the smell that met his rescuer, Dave Spikey, was not pleasant.

I recall an episode of Phoenix Nights where Peter Kaye's character got stuck halfway up the stairs during a power cut which immobilised his stairlift and he couldn't get to the toilet. Suffice to say the smell that met his rescuer, Dave Spikey, was not pleasant.

I almost ran him over at a pedestrian crossing in Chorley (Dave Spikey). He was crossing against the lights. I would have been blameless. One of life's missed opportunities perhaps.

I almost ran him over at a pedestrian crossing in Chorley (Dave Spikey). He was crossing against the lights. I would have been blameless. One of life's missed opportunities perhaps.

Funny bloke Dave Spikey I think.

I had a similar experience with Nigel Pavaro (Terry Duckworth in Corrie) quite a few years ago during the Edinburgh Fringe. I was on my way to Meadowbank Stadium where the then Meadowbank Thistle were playing QotS and Mr. Pavaro (and a couple of others) walked across the road in front of me. I had to brake hard but they carried on in ignorance.

Funny bloke Dave Spikey I think.

I had a similar experience with Nigel Pavaro (Terry Duckworth in Corrie) quite a few years ago during the Edinburgh Fringe. I was on my way to Meadowbank Stadium where the then Meadowbank Thistle were playing QotS and Mr. Pavaro (and a couple of others) walked across the road in front of me. I had to brake hard but they carried on in ignorance.

He was a funny guy. And t.b f. he did look at me when I braked. It wasn't a grateful look though, considering i'd just saved his life.

When old people talk about "the good old days"

Really?

What the f**k is so good about them?

Everything I can think of and read about makes me so glad I was born in the 80s and not years earlier.

Also given the number of old guys who abused kids many moons ago, Was it just acceptable to be a creepy paedo back in "the good old days"

Fuxake.

^^^^^^^^^^ Raging ^^^^^^^^^^

When old people talk about "the good old days"

Really?

What the f**k is so good about them?

Everything I can think of and read about makes me so glad I was born in the 80s and not years earlier.

Also given the number of old guys who abused kids many moons ago, Was it just acceptable to be a creepy paedo back in "the good old days"

Fuxake.

^^^^^^^^^^ Raging ^^^^^^^^^^

We didn't have t'internet or xBoxes so a bit of being fiddled with counted as entertainment.

Maybe. Or maybe my colleagues and the general public are just eejits.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for this "work" thing. I'd be far happier just being given money and not having to do anything.

I would think you are in the firing line for suffering morons with your line of work, was pretty bad for myself working on site but you can usually avoid it if you keep your head down.

I don't want to ever graduate from uni and I want to live off my Mrs/ mother for ever more!

All the shite of the day rolls to me. Site guys, architects, clients, owners, designers, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, building control, banking, tax, accountants, all goes through me. I get to listen to the utter nonsense of everyone involved for only £250,000 per annum*.

*or possibly slightly less.

Maybe. Or maybe my colleagues and the general public are just eejits.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for this "work" thing. I'd be far happier just being given money and not having to do anything.

^^^^^ Mozza wannabe.