Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This is one that has pissed me off for YEARS.

People that are bellends and post photos on forums but then take the pics down from their flickr/photobucket/whatever account, leaving the pages filled with big blank spots instead of the relevant content.

I've just been reading a page about cityscapes, and there are more blank spaces than actual pics.

Just leave them up!

It's not like it costs a penny to have multiple accounts with these sites. All you need to do is set up another hotmail account, and you can sign up as often as you like!

ETA: Twats.

Edited by milton75

Arseholes, ARSEHOLES, who go into the Co Op with their handful of lottery tickets to get the cashier to check them for them. The place was mobbed, and I had to wait behind this fucking idiot who proceeded to have a conversation with the eejit behind my in the queue about how poorly wee Chantelle and Harley were, and how Chantelle was in to "get blood tane fae her tae see whit iz up n' at" and how they would have to be more "precautious" with her due to her condition. Then she hands over about a dozen lottery tickets. No winners, and walked away saying dunno how I can afford the bingo now the night, I'm skint.

An absolute ARSEHOLE. Check the tickets yourself you stupid cow. Now my steak slice is cold.

^^^Seething, Head's Gone.

This'll tip you over the edge then.

The person you described above getting their tickets checked. Then taking the tickets back from the cashier as they don't trust them.

Mixu levels of "what's the fucking point?"

Yes, I've seen this.

The person you described above getting their tickets checked. Then taking the tickets back from the cashier as they don't trust them.

Yes, I've seen this.

She said keep them. If she'd taken them back I would probably have pelted her right in the face with my (luke warm) steak slice.

She said keep them. If she'd taken them back I would probably have pelted her right in the face with my (luke warm) steak slice.

No such violent, but justified, outburst from me.

Just aggressive eye contact and an "are you for fucking real?"

Yes, I've seen this.

So she was going to go home and check the numbers herself anyway? I hope she wins the jackpot and immediately keels over and dies from the excitement.

So she was going to go home and check the numbers herself anyway? I hope she wins the jackpot and immediately keels over and dies from the excitement.

It was a he, but that's neither here nor there. It was in Cost cutter, Coventry rd, Yardley, Birmingham to be exact.

When I was, eventually served, the cashier lassie said it happens all the time. c***s no trusting them after they've checked the tickets in the machine.

Funny thing is, during my time down there. Some lucky bar steward won the millionaire raffle, from a ticket purchased at that very shop.

I really do hope to buggery it wasn't that auld w****r. I'll never ken though, ken?

ETA my exchange wi the cantankerous, untrusting, auld boy was a month, or so, before the windfall.

Edited by Dee Dee

I wouldnae trust the b*****ds either. There have been cases reported of shop assistants saying that lottery tickets are not winners and then cashing them in themselves. I always watch them rip the ticket up if they say it's not a winner. On most occasions I check my own ticket.

I was unfortunate enough to get stuck behind an old gentleman in ocseT last week who had about 10 tickets he wanted checked and of course there was only one assistant on duty. After the tickets were checked the customer asked for so many tickets for one draw, so many for another draw and then asked for one of every scratchcard on the display, about £60 he spent but it must have taken more than 5 minutes to serve him. it was not helped by him and the assistant having a chinwag as she served him.

Not sure if this is a PTTGONY or RTBC, but the look of shock on someone's face when you say, to someone else from Glasgow, that you don't support either side of the OF. You can actually see their brain processing the thought that there are other teams out there.

Edited by IainMorton

.... There have been cases reported of shop assistants saying that lottery tickets are not winners and then cashing them in themselves....

Has there? Urban myths you read on Facebook masquerading as facts for this pish *

* feel free to post links to a dozen stories proving me a doubting twat! ;)

Has there? Urban myths you read on Facebook masquerading as facts for this pish *

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/12/08/police-bp-cashier-stole-winning-lottery-ticket/76970632/

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2010/09/21/clerk-tries-to-steal-winning-lotto-ticket-from-72-year-old/

154,000 results on google. They got that in Ozland yet.

c**t's just sat opposite me on the train and got out a plastic lidded cup with his breakfast in it! Sitting here alongside honest hardworking commuters eating his choccy hoop hoops! Lazy fucking b*****d should get out of his wanking chariot five minutes earlier the manky c**t.

The word "vaping".

And indeed, vaping itself, especially the vapers that produce a massive cloud of...whatever it is...

Vaping inside buildings, and then staring with menace at anyone that looks disapprovingly.

Indeed. It doesn't help when the majority of folk who smoke them look like total dickheads. There is a smugness about them, as if they are somehow better than smokers. I always feel like saying to younger folk who had them "Look at me. I don't have a vapour cig as I wasn't fucking stupid enough to ever smoke in the first place ya cock. I am superior than you!" I reckon us non-smokers should be allowed some kind of item to show we are non-smokers and any time one of these tossers pull out* their vapour cig we trump it with ours. Dickheads.

* Pull it out? As if it's ever away. They need to ensure the world knows they have one!

I'm not into Facebook and wouldn't know/not interested in getting on it.

I may have exagerated the number of instances of this type of fraud for dramatic effect but I have read of a couple of cases in UK where this has happened.

Thanks to SlipperyP for his links which suggest that this is no urban myth.