Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Spoiler Alert.

The ship reaches New York safely and the collision with the iceberg and subsequent sinking was just a dream the captain had in the shower. (He also had a w**k but that's edited out)

I am also watching "The World at War"

I don't know who wins so don't tell me.

People who phone me up at work asking for a number. Without a pen"

eg "What's the number for the chief exec's PA?"

"It's 020..."

"Wait til I get a pen"

Naw ya fucking imbecile. Ye knew ye were gonna get a number when ye called. Is it only now you realised you need to write it down? Were ye expecting it to magically appear infront of yer eyes and remain there until ye dialled?

This is also equalled by the amazing amount of Londoners who don't know that 020 is an area code.

Seriously? Unless I'm very much mistaken, they've only got two area codes - 0207 for inner London and 0208 for outer.

I am also watching "The World at War"

I don't know who wins so don't tell me.

I sent off for the boxset of "The World at War" . When I watched it I thought the Germans had quite a cosy time in Occupied France. It turned out they had sent me the  " 'Allo  'Allo " boxset by mistake. 

The current fashion of having a wee 5 minute "celebrity news" spot in the middle of films on cooncil TV.  WTF is that for?  For auld guys like me that simply press the red button to automatically record a film (Betamax is apparently on its way out, by the way), it's causing mayhem.  I have to press it twice now, and have to make sure that I don't record the latest "Oo gosh" antics of fannies like Joey Essex and sundry film and music types that I've never heard of.

Seriously? Unless I'm very much mistaken, they've only got two area codes - 0207 for inner London and 0208 for outer.

That used to be the case years ago. Now it's just "020" for all of London. Still, basically, follows those lines but not exact.

But, yeah, they'll ask for the number for something and I wont bother with the "020" as I can see they're calling on a landline from within London and will call me a liar/get angry because it's only eight numbers instead of eleven.

The other thing people in London don't understand is Northern Irish numbers. Payroll's based in Belfast and when I give them an "028" about 1 in 4 people will phone back saying I gave them the wrong number and when I ask them to read it back to me they've inserted an extra "0" to make 0208. There's a garage that constantly gets calls about pensions. Poor b*****ds.

Also get folk thinking it's a premium rate number and getting angry at me or who ask what the international dialling code for Northern Ireland is. I've explained countless times the cost to call Northern Ireland on a mobile is the same as calling London but they've asked me to put them through to complaints and all sorts.

That used to be the case years ago. Now it's just "020" for all of London. Still, basically, follows those lines but not exact.

But, yeah, they'll ask for the number for something and I wont bother with the "020" as I can see they're calling on a landline from within London and will call me a liar/get angry because it's only eight numbers instead of eleven.

The other thing people in London don't understand is Northern Irish numbers. Payroll's based in Belfast and when I give them an "028" about 1 in 4 people will phone back saying I gave them the wrong number and when I ask them to read it back to me they've inserted an extra "0" to make 0208. There's a garage that constantly gets calls about pensions. Poor b*****ds.

Also get folk thinking it's a premium rate number and getting angry at me or who ask what the international dialling code for Northern Ireland is. I've explained countless times the cost to call Northern Ireland on a mobile is the same as calling London but they've asked me to put them through to complaints and all sorts.

Are you a receptionist or a switch-board operator?

I used to work in a call centre that dealt with stuff for TFL and London Councils, and the amount of times I had to explain that London only had a 3 digit dialling code was unreal

Am I missing something here? You're getting relegated to the couch in your own house and moaning about it, why not just tell them to do one?

Well it's the mother in law and her man and then an aunty and an uncle so the Mrs has volunteered us to the couch. It's only one night on couch as the first night it is just the mother staying - not going to be that bad but still annoying. As i have said , so long as they bring plenty beer and wine I'll be happy enough.