Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Posties putting through those slips when they 'can't deliver' when you've been in the house all day. Now I've got to somehow find the time to take a trip to Gorgie when I was sitting at home when the postman was supposed to be here.

Using the self-services is considerably easier if you scan your shopping and pay for it first, then bag it at the end. There is also nothing to stop you asking for a bag before you start scanning, assuming you're not miserable enough to begrudge charitable causes 5p because you're not able to take your own bag with you.

When using self scan.

Bring own bag.

First item scanned something heavy (e.g. Bottle of wine)

Scan bottle

Bottle in bag

Bag and bottle on counter.

This means it registers as the right weight and no 'unexpected item' crap from machine.

Scan and fill bag with rest of shopping

Pay

Leave with shopping

Simple.

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

When using self scan.
Bring own bag.
First item scanned some heavy (e.g. Bottle of wine)
Scan bottle
Bottle in bag
Bag and bottle on counter.
This means it registers as the right weight and no 'unexpected item' crap from machine.
Scan and fill bag with rest of shopping
Pay

Leave with shopping

Simple.

Correct. In this case "bag" should be something designed specifically for shopping, assuming you're getting a lot of stuff and need a bag or bags to put it in. Rather than, say, a rucksack filled with supplies that would last you on a trek to Cambodia when you're buying a banana and some bin bags and wonder why the machine keeps shouting at you as the bag falls over every time you let go of it.

Posties putting through those slips when they 'can't deliver' when you've been in the house all day. Now I've got to somehow find the time to take a trip to Gorgie when I was sitting at home when the postman was supposed to be here.

Was ranting about that a few months back. Any time I had a delivery on a Saturday I'd have one of these posted even though I was in. They never marked the time so it was clearly pre-written. It was the same guy as well but we never had the same regular postman so I couldn't be sure who he was. I wish I had caught the fucker posting it but he was obviously experienced enough to do it quietly. Actually delivering a parcel is pretty much what a postman's job entails. If he can't be fucked doing the basics of his job he should be looking elsewhere for employment. Tosser.

Was ranting about that a few months back. Any time I had a delivery on a Saturday I'd have one of these posted even though I was in. They never marked the time so it was clearly pre-written. It was the same guy as well but we never had the same regular postman so I couldn't be sure who he was. I wish I had caught the fucker posting it but he was obviously experienced enough to do it quietly. Actually delivering a parcel is pretty much what a postman's job entails. If he can't be fucked doing the basics of his job he should be looking elsewhere for employment. Tosser.

It's really bloody annoying. The depot is quite out of my way as well so it's really not something I fancy doing. Fairly sure it's my cup final ticket (because Hampden apparently don't reprint lost tickets like everywhere else so it needs to be recorded delivery) so obviously I will make the effort but it's frustrating.

Those Just Eat type adverts where they say what meal they would like to order. They always want things like chicken teriyaki or sushi or quail in a white wine sauce. No-one ever orders things like a black pudding supper with a couple of pickled eggs and a can of coke. Pretentious arseholes.

Also why do radio/TV announcers pronounce BBC Alba as Alaba?

People who leave their car doors wide open after the have entered said vehicle. And while I am at it. When you get into your car at a petrol station after refuelling. Please drive off.

People who leave full containers of peppercorns with unsecured lids on the top shelves of wall units. :angry:
Reckon I will still be finding them this time next year.[emoji38]

Add folk that open bags of pasta, roll it up and then put it back in the cupboard open end down.

Furry penne for dinner tonight.

12 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Ignorant b*****ds that get in the lift first despite the fact you have been waiting longer

In my office there's banks of lifts dedicated to certain floors and each one gets very busy in the mornings so people have to queue. The other day there's a large queue of at least 10-15 people and this old boy just wanders right to the front and walks straight into the lift as it opens (also before letting people out, showing exactly what an c**t he is).

Felt like booting his old arse down the lift shaft.

10 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Add folk that open bags of pasta, roll it up and then put it back in the cupboard open end down.

Furry penne for dinner tonight.

Has your cat attempted to destroy your third attempt at wallpapering and what design did you finally go for?

I had this on a flight from Heathrow to Houston, just horrible.

Obviously every other form of food deterrent has failed. Therefore serious measures are evidently required, and a fairly simple proposal is that those 'too large for cabin, please stow as checked baggage at staff discretion' tags should be stuck to passengers. It's for the good of both their own health and the comfort of everyone else. 12 hours below with the caged pets would certainly give them plenty of time to reconsider their options.

This is exactly the thing I was complaining about in my original post. I wasn't hugely bothered by the lack of seat space available to me as it's only a short flight, but it was made 100x worse by the fact that she fucking stank. I felt like I was going to be testing out EasyJet's sick bags at the slightest sign of turbulence.

She also took her shoes off mid-flight. She also kicked off at having to pay for a coffee and twix so handed it back to the flight attendants (once made/open)

Ban fat Americans please.

Has your cat attempted to destroy your third attempt at wallpapering and what design did you finally go for?

Yes he did, he managed to get four different sections, all behind the couch. Just the same design as I was buggered if I was buying even more shite wallpaper for him to destroy.

He's out and about now and calmed down a fair bit, the knackers will be off soon too.

A mate of mine made a wholly relevant point when getting on a plane.

He was told he would have to pay excess baggage charges as his case was over the limit. He happily pointed out that he weighed significantly less than the guy he was traveling with and was shot down in flames.

The poorly understood reason for the weight restrictions relates to baggage handlers who obviously do not pick up people and throw them on the plane (United Airlines may have a different policy). There's a legal work HSE limit which prevents people lifting up anything over twenty something kilos (I forget the exact number), therefore overweight luggage creates a pain in the arse situation for the airline staff. Therefore the common 'two bags, one over the limit but collectively the same weight' argument becomes invalid, as well as the situation described above.