Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

Stop going? For medical reasons obviously. But f**k it, what can they do? Go to the doctor with a sore back or migraines or something.

Not something I would do but then I'm loyal to my employer and wouldn't be leaving anyway...

New job - same employer.

New job in a month but have already mentally checked out of this one. Have a couple of reports to write but just stared at a screen for last two days when it would have been less boring just to do the work.

I've got the same thing although my notice is 3 months. Work from home twice a week which has had my productivity drop to zero.
Amazing how little all the minutae of a job matters once you're leaving, couldn't give a f**k at all.

Went to get some Tattie scones from Tesco and they had three choices, one of which was actual 'potato scones' the other two were 'Irish potato cakes' even though they were clearly just normal Scottish tattie scones. Why are they trying to take our foods and pretend they are Irish when they are Scottish? To make matters worse when I went further down the aisle they had something called an 'Irish Bannock' which was quite clearly a Selkirk bannock.

Who in tesco is taking our foods and marketing them as Irish?

There is a rangers fan on here who hides the Celtic cakes in Asda.
Maybe he could do the Irish stuff in Tesco as well.

Went to get some Tattie scones from Tesco and they had three choices, one of which was actual 'potato scones' the other two were 'Irish potato cakes' even though they were clearly just normal Scottish tattie scones. Why are they trying to take our foods and pretend they are Irish when they are Scottish? To make matters worse when I went further down the aisle they had something called an 'Irish Bannock' which was quite clearly a Selkirk bannock.

^^^voted Brexit.

45 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Why are they trying to take our foods and pretend they are Irish when they are Scottish?

For the benefit of those who don't know that, er, a certain food shortage is no longer applicable and it's safe to return to the domicile of their ancestors.

I like Ireland and Irish food, people, culture etc a lot. But it seems odd that Tesco are marketing own brand Scottish foods as Irish rather than Scottish, particularly in Scotland where everyone will look at the Irish Bannock and go, 'well that's a Selkirk bannock' or look at a 'potato farl' and go 'well that's a tattie scone'.

Do they think things that are marketed as Irish will sell better?

I like Ireland and Irish food, people, culture etc a lot. But it seems odd that Tesco are marketing own brand Scottish foods as Irish rather than Scottish, particularly in Scotland where everyone will look at the Irish Bannock and go, 'well that's a Selkirk bannock' or look at a 'potato farl' and go 'well that's a tattie scone'.

Do they think things that are marketed as Irish will sell better?

Tesco strategy manager after seeing yet another deal on Lucky Charms:

S01E05-UrmdPmXd.jpg

5 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's probably all part of the deal for the SDUP to back Theresa May. Promote all things Irish.(The North part anyway).

Tennis today is annoying me - first of all i have already backed Nishikori who put in an absolutely gutless display earlier and am now backing this lanky useless carthorse that is Jerzy Janowicz who is not going to win. 

The coverage on BBC is great how they get so many matches but when i was watching Nishikori earlier the coverage kept moving and i had to flick over to keep following the match i had selected to watch, Surely if you have selected a match to watch they should leave it on for you rather than expect you to have to rearrange a few times each match? Also one of the commentators used the phrase "Oceans of time". How can time be measured in oceans?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Tennis today is annoying me - first of all i have already backed Nishikori who put in an absolutely gutless display earlier and am now backing this lanky useless carthorse that is Jerzy Janowicz who is not going to win. 

The coverage on BBC is great how they get so many matches but when i was watching Nishikori earlier the coverage kept moving and i had to flick over to keep following the match i had selected to watch, Surely if you have selected a match to watch they should leave it on for you rather than expect you to have to rearrange a few times each match? Also one of the commentators used the phrase "Oceans of time". How can time be measured in oceans?

Blame the Yanks, they use Pacific time.

Decrease Indent

25 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

No, it's a real thing, they also use mountains for telling the time.

There's a Buddhist myth (you should be aware of it!) that at the end of the world is a mountain ten miles tall, and once a year on the first day of Spring an eagle flies to the top of the mountain to sharpen its beak. And when the mountain has been completely worn away, that will be but one minute of stoppage time when Celtic are losing...