Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

57p (11 shillings and 5 pence*) to post a standard first class letter, and that’s with reduced rate because it’s a franking machine.

* no doubt some (half)wit will say “aye Granny you’ll remember the penny black”. No I don’t but I remember when it was a lot less than that.

And no, what I’m posting can’t be emailed.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Had a bit of a tidy up this morning and uncovered a muddy daysack that I've used for hillwalking / caving for the past few months. Contents of which were: 1x mildly soggy sock, 1x Silva compass, 1x squashed white chocolate/cranberry cookie, bureau de change envelope containing US$420 in hard currency, 2x flight detail print outs and 1x rotten satsuma. Productive morning, although I'm raging with myself about that overlooked money from December tbh.

Question is: convert and bank, keep until the exchange rate becomes more favourable (whenever that may be), or just keep until a holiday sometime?

People who have so much money that they forget that they have foreign currency stashed away somewhere. ;) If I'm ever fortunate enough to come home with any currency left over, changing it back is one of the first things I do!

Also, svchost.exe process on my laptop going over 2 million K usage.  I've had to stop the process 12 times this morning already, just to keep my laptop functional.

I'm still raging with myself about this FWIW  ('First World Problems' etc etc).

Anyway, another PTTGOYN of the day is when you start pishing into a urinal and the flush automatically comes on, needlessly making you worry about the possibility of a pish-filled waterfall and soggy pish-splashed shoes for the rest of the day.

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm still raging with myself about this FWIW  ('First World Problems' etc etc).

Anyway, another PTTGOYN of the day is when you start pishing into a urinal and the flush automatically comes on, needlessly making you worry about the possibility of a pish-filled waterfall and soggy pish-splashed shoes for the rest of the day.

What about the new "no water" ones, which in my experience seem to be a standard urinal, which utterly reeks of pish due to the baffling "no water" feature.

What about the new "no water" ones, which in my experience seem to be a standard urinal, which utterly reeks of pish due to the baffling "no water" feature.

Think you’ve been pishing in those dyson hand dryers mate

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

That’s just the excuse you have for having pish stains on your trousers as you haven’t given yourself enough of a shake afterwards.

You're obviously confusing me with McKee

#oldskoolP&B

Think you’ve been pishing in those dyson hand dryers mate
Another toilet Petty Thing then....

When (as at my work) you find yourself having to make do with an old school, non highpowered hand dryer.

The type that sounds like a harrier taking off whilst delivering an amount of air roughly the same as a dormouse farting, but hotter than the core of the sun.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When (as at my work) you find yourself having to make do with an old school, non highpowered hand dryer.

The type that sounds like a harrier taking off whilst delivering an amount of air roughly the same as a dormouse farting, but hotter than the core of the sun.

I find old hand dryers don't even dry your hands, merely manoeuvres the water around your hands and up your arms. The Dyson Airblades are excellent and should be mandatory in all public lavatories. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

57p (11 shillings and 5 pence*) to post a standard first class letter, and that’s with reduced rate because it’s a franking machine.

* no doubt some (half)wit will say “aye Granny you’ll remember the penny black”. No I don’t but I remember when it was a lot less than that.

And no, what I’m posting can’t be emailed.

And the weekly wage was about £25. What's your point?

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There used to be one of those at the bogs in Hyderabad airport however it had flashing lights on it and played a bleepy version of Mozart's Turkish March whilst it feebly warmed your hands/breeks.

Spoiler

This, for all you uncultured scumbags. 

For all of you that use hand driers in public toilets; you do know that all you are doing is covering your hands with all the germs that populate these places. Chances are your hands were cleaner going in than they were when you came out.

For all of you that use hand driers in public toilets; you do know that all you are doing is covering your hands with all the germs that populate these places. Chances are your hands were cleaner going in than they were when you came out.

^^^^ doesn’t have a really scabby, infected, weeping cock like mine.

Keep your hygiene advice to yourself!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I’m just reading between the lines. You can also blame the tap that you were washing your hands with that was more powerful than you had thought !

For avoidance of doubt, I did not splash / spray any pish on my person.  If I become the 'new McKee' as a result your misinformed post then I shall be most heavily disgruntled.

27 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

What years was it Dundee Utd were one of the top 2 teams in Scotland, again?

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They still are.

He said Scotland, not Dundee...

This is correct and is the reason why it is not advisable to breathe for the entire duration of any toilet visit.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

There used to be one of those at the bogs in Hyderabad airport however it had flashing lights on it and played a bleepy version of Mozart's Turkish March whilst it feebly warmed your hands/breeks.

Reveal hidden contents

This, for all you uncultured scumbags. 

So it played the tune from Lemmings?