Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

A work one.....

People that having already emailed you the details of the query/issue, then proceed to call you up to 'discuss' it without having given you the chance to fix problem, respond, move on.....

Likely depends what line of work you're in - but unnecessary phone calls irritate me.

A couple of my customers do that,

'Did you see the email I just sent you ?'

It arrived 2 minutes ago and I'll get to it shortly, give me a fucking chance.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Or Morons on FB posting on someone's wall saying "I've PM'd you".

Aye? Great, tell the world you twat

As well as the fact that if they're getting a notification of the message on their wall then they'll also have been notified of the private message. You don't have to tell them you stupid c***s. 

I deactivated my Facebook a few months back and it is fucking great. 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

A work one.....

People that having already emailed you the details of the query/issue, then proceed to call you up to 'discuss' it without having given you the chance to fix problem, respond, move on.....

Likely depends what line of work you're in - but unnecessary phone calls irritate me.

Do you work on the virgin media helpline by any chance? 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

A work one.....

My client does this a lot. Email flashes up on screen and within seconds the phone starts ringing. Unfortunately can’t tell them to f**k off as suggested above as I’d get the sack.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

My client does this a lot. Email flashes up on screen and within seconds the phone starts ringing. Unfortunately can’t tell them to f**k off as suggested above as I’d get the sack.

Presumably he sends the details by email to save you the bother of scribbling it down when he phones you, you ungrateful b*****d.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Presumably he sends the details by email to save you the bother of scribbling it down when he phones you, you ungrateful b*****d.

Possibly, not sure why they can’t leave me to just deal with the issue after receiving the email rather than discussing the words they’ve just sent for 15 mins.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Possibly, not sure why they can’t leave me to just deal with the issue after receiving the email rather than discussing the words they’ve just sent for 15 mins.

Tbh I was just bored and playing devil's advocate. The correct thing would to write the email, phone you up and explain that the details would be in an email he's about to send.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Tbh I was just bored and playing devil's advocate. The correct thing would to write the email, phone you up and explain that the details would be in an email he's about to send.

If it’s something incredibly urgent (as in drop everything and do this now) then yes. In general it should just be an email and if nothing has happened in a day then ring up to chase.

I hate it when you tell someone you're driving somewhere and they insist on giving you directions that you're unwilling to make the effort to commit to memory because you've got a smartphone or a sat nav like every other civilised human being. Usually this is from MiL's or parents that can't understand why you haven't been anywhere near some backwater village in the middle of fucking no where and you don't know any of the nearby villages therefore making it impossible to give directions.

In the 5 minutes you endure someone waffling about roundabouts and streets you've never heard of you could probably have plugged the postcode into google maps 10 times over.

Edited by Rizzo
To add in further deranged ranting.

A work one.....

Or they 'read' the email, decide too much info and ask you for specific information already covered (guess who deals with ifas and their admin on the daily).
Funny enough point out its covered in previous and it's 15 working days to reproduce and they surely find it sharpish..

On the topic of the SatNav thing; not long ago we were in an unfamiliar town with some friends and trying to find a particular shop. Or at least, they were. I knew exactly where it was because we'd driven past it on the way in and it was about 100 yards away. But no, we had to have Google Maps tell us how to get there. And we were not allowed to deviate from Google Maps' directionS. I was trying to pull the damn phones from their faces saying

"Look! It's there! You can see it up ahead." 

"Well no, it's says we have to go left, then right."

"It's...right...THERE!"