Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, Tynierose said:

My wife who incidentally can't stand him either will have bought him something appropriate.

I would by him some deoderant, some soap and a one way ticket to Yemen.

if your wife can't stand her brother why is the mooching cnut coming to annoy you? It's not like he's going to leave you any money when he carks it, which is the main reason for putting up with annoying relatives. 

Personally I'd just tell him there's been an outbreak of norovirus in the house and he should stay away/f*ck off. 

Another seasonal one from me.
B*&t*#&s who simply won't tuck over the end of the sellotape when they've finished using it, leaving me scraping away at it, trying to bite it open and, finally, taking scissors to it, inevitably ruining the entire feckin roll

Feel your pain brother

1 hour ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Another seasonal one from me.
B*&t*#&s who simply won't tuck over the end of the sellotape when they've finished using it, leaving me scraping away at it, trying to bite it open and, finally, taking scissors to it, inevitably ruining the entire feckin roll

Mrs Shotgun brought home a pack of not-sellotape this year. Cheapo knock off stuff that's pretty much impossible to separate from the rest of itself. You spend 10 minutes picking and hacking at it to lift a piece big enough to get your fingers on, then as you start to pull, it simply tears diagonally over to the other side and you have to start all over again. I'm not a patient man at the best of times and wrapping Christmas presents most certainly does not qualify as 'best of times'. Her's this year look like the dogs have been at them.  

19 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Mrs Shotgun brought home a pack of not-sellotape this year. Cheapo knock off stuff that's pretty much impossible to separate from the rest of itself. You spend 10 minutes picking and hacking at it to lift a piece big enough to get your fingers on, then as you start to pull, it simply tears diagonally over to the other side and you have to start all over again. I'm not a patient man at the best of times and wrapping Christmas presents most certainly does not qualify as 'best of times'. Her's this year look like the dogs have been at them.  

But it's better because you saved money.

Right!!

Right? 

:lol: 

36 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Not if you waste half a roll trying to get a decent length* to use when wrapping a present.

* Obligatory Kenneth Williams pic taken as read.

shes just spent 20 minutes at the new Tassimo machine trying to get it to work. i went through and within a minute im enjoying a coffee. she is now back through playing with it whilst watching a youtube video about it whilst shoiting 'its clearly broken!' over and over.

aye clearly it is *sip

50 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Right!!

Right? 

:lol: 

"I can't afford to buy the expensive stuff."

So she buys cheap stuff which doesn't go half as far but is more than half the price...

Its nice that folk are so generous towards my kids at Christmas, but quite people think I will abandon any semblance of decent parenting and shovel them full of the 5 kilos of haribo and chocolate they see fit to hand over I dont know.

Honestly, theres nae need.

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Lifting the snooker table and air hockey table up the stairs means I will have to paint staircase.

Probably easier than rebuilding the fucking presents tbh.

Knackered.

I don’t know if it’s the early Christmas drinking, but I detect multiple euphs here