Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Tbf I am tangentially involved in the industry and I could quite easily spend my working week doing viewings to accommodate all sorts of tyre kickers who will walk in the front door and instantly say wrong address/too small/too expensive/too greasy a cooker. Sum total of which earns me/my work naff all. Guess where my motivation goes? And as always it is the minority that have spoiled it for the whole. 

I’d say do your homework in your free time, narrow it down to a very short list and aim to kill it in a (half/) day off work. 

it’s the landlord that owns and should clean the flat. The agent can only deal with the product they’ve been delivered. 

if you demand recompense on the way in for what looks like a shit tip any decent agent will most likely accommodate that. 

Estate agent and Rangers supporter, dear God!

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Tbf I am tangentially involved in the industry and I could quite easily spend my working week doing viewings to accommodate all sorts of tyre kickers who will walk in the front door and instantly say wrong address/too small/too expensive/too greasy a cooker. Sum total of which earns me/my work naff all. Guess where my motivation goes? And as always it is the minority that have spoiled it for the whole. 

I’d say do your homework in your free time, narrow it down to a very short list and aim to kill it in a (half/) day off work. 

it’s the landlord that owns and should clean the flat. The agent can only deal with the product they’ve been delivered. 

if you demand recompense on the way in for what looks like a shit tip any decent agent will most likely accommodate that. 

I totally understand about the tyre kickers - I’ve narrowed down the areas I’d stay in and know the price range I’ll pay etc there’s no excuse for turning up and using those as reasons not to take a place.

I’ve been trying to get all the viewings into one day/afternoon, but this is why I am complaining, I just can’t because the agents say “this is the time and that’s it”. I.e this afternoon I am going to see a place at 4pm (means leaving early as I finish at 5pm) I want to see another place a few streets away so tried to get it for this afternoon so I could take a half day holiday. Nope, tomorrow at 2.15pm is the only viewing time. So either I don’t go or have to get more time off work. 

it’s why it pisses me off so much when I turn up and it’s horrible. I don’t mind if the place looks like it would be ok with a good scrub but these places had marks all over the wallpaper and holes in the walls and stuff. I’m not fixing that shit and they’d clearly be a nightmare if stuff broke because they don’t care about the flat at all.

26 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I totally understand about the tyre kickers - I’ve narrowed down the areas I’d stay in and know the price range I’ll pay etc there’s no excuse for turning up and using those as reasons not to take a place.

I’ve been trying to get all the viewings into one day/afternoon, but this is why I am complaining, I just can’t because the agents say “this is the time and that’s it”. I.e this afternoon I am going to see a place at 4pm (means leaving early as I finish at 5pm) I want to see another place a few streets away so tried to get it for this afternoon so I could take a half day holiday. Nope, tomorrow at 2.15pm is the only viewing time. So either I don’t go or have to get more time off work. 

it’s why it pisses me off so much when I turn up and it’s horrible. I don’t mind if the place looks like it would be ok with a good scrub but these places had marks all over the wallpaper and holes in the walls and stuff. I’m not fixing that shit and they’d clearly be a nightmare if stuff broke because they don’t care about the flat at all.

And that, sad to say it, is the nub of the problem with the vast majority of landlords in the rental market - they don’t. 

You don’t fancy it, fair enough. Another victim will be along soon enough, particularly in the more fashionable areas of the big cities.  

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

And that, sad to say it, is the nub of the problem with the vast majority of landlords in the rental market - they don’t. 

You don’t fancy it, fair enough. Another victim will be along soon enough, particularly in the more fashionable areas of the big cities.  

It sounds like you have a real passion for the work m8.

My boxers rode down as I slept drunk last night and my girlfriend took a pic and my arse hair is so long you could put it on pleats. 

......which would be nigh on impossible due to the amount of clag, arse effluent and dangle woven into the hair.
Stop telling porkies, throbs.........[emoji12]

31 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This absolutely screams that you’re desperate to see it.

I can see why you would think that without knowing that throbber regularly pm's me some disturbing images. To clarify, I genuinely do not want to see his hairy arse. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
I can see why you would think that without knowing that throbber regularly pm's me some disturbing images. To clarify, I genuinely do not want to see his hairy arse. 

Fucking prude

Was it pleated?

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

A bit rich considering the content you have sent me over the years.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

You are being quite nasty here Dee man is everything okay or have I upset you?

I'm wonderful but you appear very sensitive today. Is your hangover making you a bit fragile this morning?