Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I was a bit bleary-eyed this morning whilst assembling my breakfast. I put  the kettle on, poured a bowl of museli, sliced some banana over the top, rinsed some blueberries and put them on, followed by some semi skimmed milk then took a pack of coffee out of the cupboard and liberally sprinkled grounds over my bowl of cereal. Fuming.  

16 hours ago, Gaz said:

I've been diagnosed with Lyme Disease

Hopefully antibiotics should sort you out. Got a tick bite on my leg a couple of months or so back. It had a hole in the middle, big red patch around it and felt like there was a beefburger under the skin. Glands were all up in my neck and had cold sweats etc. Had to take a couple of different types of antibiotics and after a month or so I felt alright. The bruising remained on the leg until just recently. Then I got one on my arm a couple of weeks back so got antibiotics straight away and by the time the course was finished all was good.  

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Hopefully antibiotics should sort you out. Got a tick bite on my leg a couple of months or so back. It had a hole in the middle, big red patch around it and felt like there was a beefburger under the skin. Glands were all up in my neck and had cold sweats etc. Had to take a couple of different types of antibiotics and after a month or so I felt alright. The bruising remained on the leg until just recently. Then I got one on my arm a couple of weeks back so got antibiotics straight away and by the time the course was finished all was good.  

Is there ever a day goes by you don't have something wrong with you?

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is there ever a day goes by you don't have something wrong with you?

All good so far today, but there is still the cycle home. 2 miles of it is an steep uphill section which on a single speed track bike has heart-attack potential, plus there is always scope for getting run over. 

I've just heard an orchestral version of Heard It Through The Grapevine, the classic Marvin Gaye song. What's with this trend of big orchestras covering classics? I get singers doing their versions of songs (Michael Mcdonald does a great Heard It version) but orchestras? There's even orchestral Oasis. James Last style pish for today, I'd say.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I've just heard an orchestral version of Heard It Through The Grapevine, the classic Marvin Gaye song. What's with this trend of big orchestras covering classics? I get singers doing their versions of songs (Michael Mcdonald does a great Heard It version) but orchestras? There's even orchestral Oasis. James Last style pish for today, I'd say.

When you're on hold and the song being played on the xylophone sounds vaguely familiar but you can't identify it. What is it? What is it? What IS it? And then you realise it's one of your favourite songs, made almost unrecognisable by the satanic evil that is muzak. That's the point when you wonder if life's really worth living.

13 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

When you're on hold and the song being played on the xylophone sounds vaguely familiar but you can't identify it. What is it? What is it? What IS it? And then you realise it's one of your favourite songs, made almost unrecognisable by the satanic evil that is muzak. That's the point when you wonder if life's really worth living.

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Not much point in covering "Through The Grapevine" when The Slits have already done the best possible version.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa