Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Rugster said:
I get where you’re coming from but try explaining to a Three year old why she can’t see her friends for weeks or go to her dancing. Of course it’s the right thing to do but it will have a big impact socially on children and it’s far from petty. 

My daughter has so far took these things remarkably well. Including having to cancel her birthday party. I am far, far more gutted about that than she is thankfully.

Is it because you're missing out on a massive drinking session?

I understand that's how kids parties work with P&B posters.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Rugster said:
I get where you’re coming from but try explaining to a Three year old why she can’t see her friends for weeks or go to her dancing. Of course it’s the right thing to do but it will have a big impact socially on children and it’s far from petty. 

My daughter has so far took these things remarkably well. Including having to cancel her birthday party. I am far, far more gutted about that than she is thankfully.

Hers is booked for the end of May. Unlikely to go ahead. Not broached that with her yet though I’m not sure actually the extent of her knowledge of it is at the moment. 30 screaming kids. I’m not as gutted about that - yet!

Sat down to have my lunch, and the assistant manager came in and asked me if "needed to have my lunch just now", as one of the drivers was going to be back early to take a delivery that was scheduled for Monday. I just pointed to the microwave in which my lunch was heating in. Aye fucking right.

Probably been mentioned before, but when you've been queuing for a while at the checkout and they open an additional till and say "first in here please" and the cretin at the back of the queue hears this as "you're next you moronic fuckwit". I would publicly flog these scum.

3 minutes ago, Harry Briscoe said:

Probably been mentioned before, but when you've been queuing for a while at the checkout and they open an additional till and say "first in here please" and the cretin at the back of the queue hears this as "you're next you moronic fuckwit". I would publicly flog these scum.

The motoring equivalent is when you're behind a slower moving vehicle on, say, the M8 and are waiting for it to be safe to pull into the right hand lane and the f*cker behind you pulls out before you have the chance. 

1 hour ago, Harry Briscoe said:

Then why didn't you? 

2 hours ago, Harry Briscoe said:

I'm usually in there before the new guy's sat down tbh.

naga munchetty (irritating as f**k in her own right, but there's more..) suffixing every very obviously anti-corona virus snippet on the BBC news with "...to prevent the spread of corona virus" - ie "Australia and New Zealand have closed their borders to international air traffic - TPTSOCV" - "the carabinieri are restricting the movement of north/south traffic on Italy's main arterial autostrada - TPTSOCV" - thanks for clarifying that, Naga, I thought these drastic measures to minimise travel were to celebrate the vernal equinox, perpetuate pagan belief systems and make us all feel warm and fuzzy 🙄

I know she's just spouting out scripted drivel, but it's entirely fair to shoot the messenger (when it's her); as an aside, I think that BBC TV's coverage of these goings on has been fucking appalling...

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm usually in there before the new guy's sat down tbh.

That can take up to 10 minutes in my local aldi. Many a time i've felt smug about getting in the newly announced  till only to wait ages for someone to operate it. Meanwhile folk who were behind me have been served

Had planned to walk the West Highland Way in the Easter holidays, set up a Just giving page in January and have taken close to £200 in sponsorship for charity so far. 

Have been torn on whether to cancel accomodation and just accept that it's not going to be possible this year and waiting to see what happened but that's one of my stops emailed this morning to say they are closing their doors until at least the end of April and might struggle to reopen. I imagine there's a ton of B&B's, hotels and pubs in the same situation.

I really can't complain as I still have free cancellation on most of our stops so we won't lose out on much money compared to many folks who have had to cancell or reorganised trips away. 

Was so looking forward to finally doing the full walk. :(

9 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Had planned to walk the West Highland Way in the Easter holidays, set up a Just giving page in January and have taken close to £200 in sponsorship for charity so far. 

Have been torn on whether to cancel accomodation and just accept that it's not going to be possible this year and waiting to see what happened but that's one of my stops emailed this morning to say they are closing their doors until at least the end of April and might struggle to reopen. I imagine there's a ton of B&B's, hotels and pubs in the same situation.

I really can't complain as I still have free cancellation on most of our stops so we won't lose out on much money compared to many folks who have had to cancell or reorganised trips away. 

Was so looking forward to finally doing the full walk. :(

Wild camping? Getting warmer hopefully so you wouldn't need shed loads of gear. Couldn't handle it myself without a warm fire and a pint at the end of a long day though.

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wild camping? Getting warmer hopefully so you wouldn't need shed loads of gear. Couldn't handle it myself without a warm fire and a pint at the end of a long day though.

Had thought about it but haven't really got the time or money to buy the necessary equipment at such short notice. We have a tent but it's pretty shite.

Also I don't want to be responsible for unknowingly spreading the nasty bug around the place.

Edited by Rizzo

26 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I've been washing my hands and scrubbing my nails with increasing frequency that my skin is drying and cracked.

If I put on hand cream this will be a harbour for germs, I'm going to flake away.

I too have cracked skin on my fingers (usually the same places). However if you're isolating then there is no harm in moisturizing after washing your hands. It will mean regular applications but needs must. I got a can from Boots called Dermacare Daily Moisturising cream. Been working well. I also Vaseline any cuts I have just before going to sleep.

58 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I've been washing my hands and scrubbing my nails with increasing frequency that my skin is drying and cracked.

If I put on hand cream this will be a harbour for germs, I'm going to flake away.

Being doing this religiously for weeks and was rewarded with a dose of the shits this morning

10 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I too have cracked skin on my fingers (usually the same places). However if you're isolating then there is no harm in moisturizing after washing your hands. It will mean regular applications but needs must. I got a can from Boots called Dermacare Daily Moisturising cream. Been working well. I also Vaseline any cuts I have just before going to sleep.

^^^^^ Ruining their sex lives.

My local basketball team has been denied promotion due to the lockdown (they're sat in first but could still have fucked it, to be fair).

My town hasn't had a championship winning team in a decade. This year all three semi-pro teams (football, basketball and handball) are top of their leagues yet could be denied silverware.