Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Cutting my hair, decided to clear off the worst of my stubble with the clippers, only to end up catching my lip with them.

New meaning to the phrase a bit less of your lip. 

It‘s the law in Germany. Every small flurry of snow, and there‘s an army of pensioners out clearing their bit of the pavement 1st thing in the morning. 
It was the law in China last time I was there too but it extended to companies as well. They only did it after the last snowfall of the winter. I remember heading to the Kyrgyz consulate past chefs, mechanics and tailors all still in their uniform, clearing the communal areas in the vicinity of their work. When I got to the consulate I knocked and eventually a cleaning lady popped her head out and told me it was closed for the day because they were all busy shoveling snow.
So I returned the next day but the thaw-freeze cycle had left the pavements covered in a centimetre thick layer of black ice as nobody had thought to salt the surface. I penguined along somewhat successfully until I saw a downwards slope ahead. I was certain that I'd come a cropper so took extra caution. One step into it and wham! That was me on my arse sliding down the pavement.
Nobody laughed, nobody pointed, nobody nudged their pal and gestured in my direction. No reaction at all to someone falling on their arse in the middle of a busy neighbourhood. Bunch of fucking weirdos the Chinese, so they are.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

It was the law in China last time I was there too but it extended to companies as well. They only did it after the last snowfall of the winter. I remember heading to the Kyrgyz consulate past chefs, mechanics and tailors all still in their uniform, clearing the communal areas in the vicinity of their work. When I got to the consulate I knocked and eventually a cleaning lady popped her head out and told me it was closed for the day because they were all busy shoveling snow.
So I returned the next day but the thaw-freeze cycle had left the pavements covered in a centimetre thick layer of black ice as nobody had thought to salt the surface. I penguined along somewhat successfully until I saw a downwards slope ahead. I was certain that I'd come a cropper so took extra caution. One step into it and wham! That was me on my arse sliding down the pavement.
Nobody laughed, nobody pointed, nobody nudged their pal and gestured in my direction. No reaction at all to someone falling on their arse in the middle of a busy neighbourhood. Bunch of fucking weirdos the Chinese, so they are.

How did they know?

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
35 minutes ago, GordonD said:
How did they know?

Never underestimate the perfidy of the Chinese government, even regarding the elements. Remember, they used special missiles to ensure it wouldn't rain during the Beijing 2008 opening ceremony.

the-chinese-a-great-bunch-of-lads.jpg.32cd6da3926291b71d5bf4d4e904c27d.jpg

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Cutting my hair, decided to clear off the worst of my stubble with the clippers, only to end up catching my lip with them.

A steady hand is required, my dude. I wouldn't progress to the nutsack until you've mastered the mouth area..

Unfortunately, trimming my moustache with clippers has a tendency to make my lips stick out like Pob's for a few days.

Spoiler

pob33.jpg

7 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

oh i dunno, usually means they're not selling for what the thing is worth at least. thats a rusty pillar drill, wouldnt be paying more than about 30 quid

That's the other thing - they want far too much -- https://www.gumtree.com/p/power-tool-drills/heavy-duty-lumber-jack-bench-drill-press/1393710881