Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

23 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Haud the fuckin bus, Stormzy.  Auld dearies?! I may have just had my first vaccine jag, but that's fighting talk. 

Messages is and always will be an acceptable term for the shopping. 

You mean "the messages".

On 22/05/2021 at 23:28, weirdcal said:
On 22/05/2021 at 20:55, Hampden Diehard said:
You mean "the messages".

From tescos or asdas?

Ah, the misplaced pluralisation. Remember Spitting Images?

On supermarkets, I knew someone who used to say "Food Giants" when it was a thing.

11 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Ah, the misplaced pluralisation. Remember Spitting Images?

On supermarkets, I knew someone who used to say "Food Giants" when it was a thing.

I always thought it was possessive not plural, like Sainsbury's. I was going to say like Morrison's too but they don't have an apostrophe so there must be a few Morrison c***s. Maybe one in each shop? 

Several months ago a credit card I used for online purchases, interest free period expired, so I paid the outstanding balance of around £130 and closed the account.  I then received a letter from MBNA informing me that I owe them 49p in interest and they're looking to reclaim the debt.  I phoned to pay them their 49p, but couldn't pass security as I no longer have the card, didn't know the limit and I deleted the app with my login details etc saved.  I spent an hour on the phone being passed from one department to another, all of which were trying to get me to re-open my account.  After explaining to about 5 or 6 different people that all I wanted to do was pay the 49p, someone eventually decided to write off the 'debt'.  It makes me wonder how much time was actually spent on their part trying to recuperate this massive debt.

Several months ago a credit card I used for online purchases, interest free period expired, so I paid the outstanding balance of around £130 and closed the account.  I then received a letter from MBNA informing me that I owe them 49p in interest and they're looking to reclaim the debt.  I phoned to pay them their 49p, but couldn't pass security as I no longer have the card, didn't know the limit and I deleted the app with my login details etc saved.  I spent an hour on the phone being passed from one department to another, all of which were trying to get me to re-open my account.  After explaining to about 5 or 6 different people that all I wanted to do was pay the 49p, someone eventually decided to write off the 'debt'.  It makes me wonder how much time was actually spent on their part trying to recuperate this massive debt.
It would have cost them that to send the fucking letter.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Ordering takeaways via online ordering apps - get quoted 60-90 minutes for delivery. Then plan things around it being delivered at that time, having a shower etc.

Then the fucker turns up 25 minutes later.

Only OFTW complain about takeaways turning up early IMO.

5 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Ordering takeaways via online ordering apps - get quoted 60-90 minutes for delivery. Then plan things around it being delivered at that time, having a shower etc.

Then the fucker turns up 25 minutes later.

Similarly, there is a takeaway place I sometimes order lunch from at the weekends.

They have a order now to collect later option, and without fail I’ll order about 10.30am to pick-up about 1pm and by 11 I’ll get a message saying it’s ready to collect. Fortunately it’s cold food so it won’t go cold or anything, but it’s still annoying. 

My partners pal has just told her that her wedding is in 3 weeks, the day of the Scotland v England game. The missus is meant to be a bridesmaid but we now have no idea what to do as we've had London booked since the fixtures were released and canceling would cost us. Is it just me or is it absolutely mental giving 3 weeks notice for a wedding?

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Similarly, there is a takeaway place I sometimes order lunch from at the weekends.

They have a order now to collect later option, and without fail I’ll order about 10.30am to pick-up about 1pm and by 11 I’ll get a message saying it’s ready to collect. Fortunately it’s cold food so it won’t go cold or anything, but it’s still annoying. 

I'm presuming you specify what time you'll pick up at? 

That is annoying even with cold food. 

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

My partners pal has just told her that her wedding is in 3 weeks, the day of the Scotland v England game. The missus is meant to be a bridesmaid but we now have no idea what to do as we've had London booked since the fixtures were released and canceling would cost us. Is it just me or is it absolutely mental giving 3 weeks notice for a wedding?

I've only been to 1 wedding and that was over a years notice so I'd say 3 weeks is extremely poor form, have they been engaged for a long time? 

You surely aren't contemplating cancelling going to the England vs Scotland game??? 

I've only been to 1 wedding and that was over a years notice so I'd say 3 weeks is extremely poor form, have they been engaged for a long time? 
You surely aren't contemplating cancelling going to the England vs Scotland game??? 
Its wild who can plan a wedding in 3 weeks?

I really don't want to cancel it but the decision lays with my other half, it's her pals wedding she'd have to blow off.

Not only this but the pal in question has known for ages that we have London booked.

I really don't want to cancel it but the decision lays with my other half, it's her pals wedding she'd have to blow off.

Not only this but the pal in question has known for ages that we have London booked.
Her to the wedding and your good self to London is the very, very obvious solution here

48 minutes ago, Empty It said:

42 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

35 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Normally they'd be planned much more in advance,  aye.  But....in these covid times, they're maybe just taking the chance for (50?) guests,  before things change and it goes back to 20/10/5 or whatever?