Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

but Radio 2 isnt going to play the Men Without Hats, followed by The Thompson Twins, followed by Haircut 100, followed by a bit of Kate Bush.

If he listens to "pick of the pops" then maybe they will...

The only thing Radio 2 is good for is Pop Master, and I mean good for laughing at how shite all the contestants are on it. Of all the times I've listened to it, I've been better than both contestants every time. 

With some of them you question whether they've heard more than 20 songs in their life.

Contacted a supplier to say a bit was missing from a job only to be told “you got it in January, why are you just reporting it now”.

Some folk must be oblivious to Covid and the significant delays in carrying out work.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Contacted a supplier to say a bit was missing from a job only to be told “you got it in January, why are you just reporting it now”.

Some folk must be oblivious to Covid and the significant delays in carrying out work.

Meh, I'm with the supplier there. You got parts in January but never bothered checking you got what you ordered for 7 months? I'm not sure "covid delays" would cut it with me either, that's not your suppliers problem. 

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Meh, I'm with the supplier there. You got parts in January but never bothered checking you got what you ordered for 7 months? I'm not sure "covid delays" would cut it with me either, that's not your suppliers problem. 

They come boxed up, it was one part of about six dozen various items.  I wouldn’t expect to check every component.

It’s not a huge deal it was missing, mistakes happen, but for them to complain about us not reporting it sooner is a nonsense.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

They come boxed up, it was one part of about six dozen various items.  I wouldn’t expect to check every component.

It’s not a huge deal it was missing, mistakes happen, but for them to complain about us not reporting it sooner is a nonsense.

If someone came back to our company after 7 months claiming that they didn't receive a part I'd probably have suspicions they'd lost it and were now trying to cover their arse. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why you're only highlighting it now. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

If someone came back to our company after 7 months claiming that they didn't receive a part I'd probably have suspicions they'd lost it and were now trying to cover their arse. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why you're only highlighting it now. 

Yeah, they did ask and we explained.  We are in an industry where most types of work were suspended from the turn of year until April.  This led to a huge backlog.  The part in question is attached to another part that we did receive so it would be impossible to lose it.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We get fifteen minutes after delivery to report anomalies. 

Seven months is taking the piss a bit, tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

We get fifteen minutes after delivery to report anomalies. 

Seven months is taking the piss a bit, tbh. 

What if you buy supplies to keep you going for a year or so and one of the boxes is missing a part? 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What if you buy supplies to keep you going for a year or so and one of the boxes is missing a part? 

We only order per job, the supplier to us then us to fit. 

The only 'supplies' we buy in are steel. The size of delivery nobody would really notice if any was missing. Well, maybe just now considering the price and availability.