Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

You can get a small burger for 99p, or a bigger burger with fries and a drink for little more than a shop lunch meal deal. People can argue about the quality all day long, but it’s not an expensive meal. Out of all the burger chains it’s the cheapest by a fair margin.

A meal deal from Boots is around £3.50 and I'm sure Morrisons is £3. That's a sandwich, a side and a drink. I find that far more filling than a medium McDonalds meal. I will normally have a Big Mac meal which is around £4.70. It honestly doesn't fill me like a meal deal will and I think a meal deal is far better value for money than a McDonalds meal. I expect some folk will say "McDonalds is a hot meal" but let's face it, it more often than not isn't.

It also appears almost immune from inflation. I'm not exactly a frequent customer, but the only discernable price rise I can note in the last 5 years is the 14p sugar tax on my Coke. 

Nah it's definitely went up in price. Maybe not along with inflation but it's certainly a lot more expensive now. A double cheeseburger used to be 99p. I think it's around £1.40 now. A happy meal was £1.99 and it's closer to £3 now.

The last time we had a McDonalds it came to over £20 for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). It included an extra double cheeseburger for the adults (so I wasn't still hungry!) but they were medium meals. I could get a takeaway from a pizza shop for far less and it's far more filling.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

A meal deal from Boots is around £3.50 and I'm sure Morrisons is £3. That's a sandwich, a side and a drink. I find that far more filling than a medium McDonalds meal. I will normally have a Big Mac meal which is around £4.70. It honestly doesn't fill me like a meal deal will and I think a meal deal is far better value for money than a McDonalds meal. I expect some folk will say "McDonalds is a hot meal" but let's face it, it more often than not isn't.

Nah it's definitely went up in price. Maybe not along with inflation but it's certainly a lot more expensive now. A double cheeseburger used to be 99p. I think it's around £1.40 now. A happy meal was £1.99 and it's closer to £3 now.

The last time we had a McDonalds it came to over £20 for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids). It included an extra double cheeseburger for the adults (so I wasn't still hungry!) but they were medium meals. I could get a takeaway from a pizza shop for far less and it's far more filling.

Appreciate I brought up shop meal deals so fair enough for the comparison, but I was only bringing them up to show how cheap a restaurant/fast food meal a McDonald’s is. If you compare the price of a McDonald’s meal to almost any other restaurant/fast food place it will be the cheapest.

Appreciate I brought up shop meal deals so fair enough for the comparison, but I was only bringing them up to show how cheap a restaurant/fast food meal a McDonald’s is. If you compare the price of a McDonald’s meal to almost any other restaurant/fast food place it will be the cheapest.

It's definitely the cheapest of the 'fast food' chains certainly.
You can't sit in with a meal deal, so no surprise it's cheaper.

That argument only holds up if they charged you less for taking away. It's the exact same price at a drive-thru as it is indoors.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's definitely the cheapest of the 'fast food' chains certainly.

That argument only holds up if they charged you less for taking away. It's the exact same price at a drive-thru as it is indoors.

It used to be cheaper for takeaway because there was no VAT. Then the Thatcher government introduced it. b*****ds.

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Christmas songs being played in November.

If I started going on about my birthday months before the date I'd get a well deserved kicking. Just because Jesus is the Son of God doesn't mean he should get away with it.

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

December 1st is an acceptable time to start playing them, anything before that is just wrong. The problem is as well, is that it is the same 15-20? Songs that are played in every shop.

Soul destroying at times however you learn to switch off and take no notice.

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If I started going on about my birthday months before the date I'd get a well deserved kicking. Just because Jesus is the Son of God doesn't mean he should get away with it.

If we're all "Gods Children" what the f**k makes Jesus so special

On a similar theme, the John Lewis Christmas advert being a topic of discussion. 
What is wrong with people? 

Probably more one for the unpopular opinions thread, but they adverts have done nothing for me over the years. They have never made me want to go to john lewis on the back of it. I thought that was the whole point of advertising? To make you feel like you wanted to go to their shop.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On a similar theme, the John Lewis Christmas advert being a topic of discussion. 

What is wrong with people? 

I've just posted this in the Normal Island thread. "fans" crying over an advert. Imagine identifying yourself in public as a fan of John Lewis the shop. Imagine then further admitting that you cry at their adverts. And then imagine you think that's completely normal. 

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Probably more one for the unpopular opinions thread, but they adverts have done nothing for me over the years. They have never made me want to go to john lewis on the back of it. I thought that was the whole point of advertising? To make you feel like you wanted to go to their shop.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've just posted this in the Normal Island thread. "fans" crying over an advert. Imagine identifying yourself in public as a fan of John Lewis the shop. Imagine then further admitting that you cry at their adverts. And then imagine you think that's completely normal. 

It’s genuinely mental. 

I was asked at work if I’d seen it yet and why not, go and watch it on YouTube. Nah, I’m alright thanks. 

Then folk continue to sit and talk about it and what year was their favourite etc etc.

Its a fucking marketing tool aimed at morons.