Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

How on Earth would (at worst) losing a pound put anybody off nicking a trolley if they felt like it?

All the places like Tesco and Asda seem to have those magnetic strips that lock the wheels up anyway, so I'm not sure they trust their customer any more than in the past (quite rightly).

^^^

2F6FAD5C-00CA-4F07-84EB-1F2B631A0D9D.gif

Yep.  Folk we've never heard of competing in sports about 0.01% of the population of the UK give the slightest fuck about.  We'll also never see or hear from them again until the next Olympics in 2024.
The great thing about these sports are you can quite easily find yourself training with an Olympic medalist. Sally Conway was training in the same hall as my son one evening and he got the chance to fight with her. That was quite a big deal for him.

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

It's just desperate scrambling for an identity.  From across the Pennines, my step-dad is your stereotypical aging, racist but doesn't know it, Lancashire(man?) who plays along with the whole faux-rivaly with Yorkshire.  The two groups seem to be of the same mould imo (maybe not as much of the old racism to the east mind).

"You get better portions in Lancashire, you get proper sausages in Lancashire" etc etc.  Similar with Yorkshire from those I've met, except Yorkshiremen tend to add "we've got the best caves in Yorkshire, you need to go there for a proper cave".  They absolutely f***ing hate it when I tell them that I've been but prefer Mendip and make the extra effort to go down there instead.  You'd genuinely think I'd pished in their Yorkshire pudding.

Eta: FWIW, In my experience, Somerset folk are generally sounder c**ts who don't feel the need to shout about it.  Same with Bristol, imo.

Yorkshire folk are best at a few things. Murdering kids and prossies and stitching up Irishmen spring to mind.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I actually love Lidl. Their stuff is decent and it doesn't cost a fortune. The only issue I have with it is sometimes you have to traipse elsewhere to get a product they don't stock.

Most of their fruit and veg is better than ASDA or Tesco imo. Sainsbury's is overpriced for what it is too. Decent cold meats, parmesan, wine, etc. I don't understand folk that turn their noses up at them; they're missing out (apart from the annoying trollies).

You can't get everything you get at the other big places, but I personally don't mind going into more than one supermarket in the week. It's not the biggest chore in the world.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I know humour is subjective and everyone has their own line, but that's a long way over the line for me.

Fair enough, but you're fine with jokes about murdering kids and prozzies. I see, or rather I don't really..

Edited by welshbairn

15 hours ago, thomas said:

I had to avoid dairy due to gallbladder issues and trying to find a replaceent for milk was one of the hardest things about it, soya milk was by far the worst and is absolutely vile however oat milk was the one I ended up sticking with as it was at least palatable.

It tastes (to me) like a mix between skimmed milk, water, sugar and ashes.

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta: FWIW, In my experience, Somerset folk are generally sounder c**ts who don't feel the need to shout about it.  Same with Bristol, imo.

Which is just as well given their accents! 

Just finished a work task I was meant to do for the last 3 months and has been bugging me all that time but I kept procrastinating. It's caused me genuine stress and worry thinking it still outstanding. Decided today just to get it off the to do list.

It took 12 minutes.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Just finished a work task I was meant to do for the last 3 months and has been bugging me all that time but I kept procrastinating. It's caused me genuine stress and worry thinking it still outstanding. Decided today just to get it off the to do list.

It took 12 minutes.

I do this all the time, I never seem to learn.