Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Older Falkirk fans must think they are one of the top clubs in the county.

Funnily enough I was doing a bit of reminiscing last week. The celebrant for my dad's funeral was talking to us to get everything down on paper about his life, and my brother and I mentioned him taking us to Brockville when we were kids. Turns out the celebrant is also a Bairn. The three of us spent 20 minutes or so talking about past teams and players. 

Eventually (after a few hints from mum) we got back to the matter in hand. 

Strangely we were not reminiscing about the last decade or so. 

3 hours ago, michakamp said:

Neighbours upstairs walking at night with their shoes on and probably moving some furniture around.

Mine seem content to do jumping jacks about 10PM and then lift weights till midnight.

17 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Folk still calling it the SPL.

Morten fans still call it the Fine Fare Scottish premier league as this was the last season they were in the top flight.

Fine Fare stopped sponsorship of the top leagues when Morten were relegated. 

IMG_1203.thumb.jpeg.bc2df12673722c23537b3db0d244691e.jpeg

Online trackers that claim to update in real time, giving you an estimated time of arrival that is physically impossible.

Currently watching a van that is estimated to be here in 2 minutes from now, according to the live update, but is showing as being in exactly the same location it was half an hour ago, when it was estimated to be 8 minutes away.

The actual travel time between the two spots is at least 20 minutes

Not being able (socially) to fart freely. 

For the last week or so I've been constantly sooking it back up as there has never been a proper moment to let it go. The bathroom is just off the staff room which invariably only has one person sat on the computer which is definitely within trumpet call hearing distance. When I eventually get back in the car it's like McCartney's Frog Chorus.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Online trackers that claim to update in real time, giving you an estimated time of arrival that is physically impossible.

Currently watching a van that is estimated to be here in 2 minutes from now, according to the live update, but is showing as being in exactly the same location it was half an hour ago, when it was estimated to be 8 minutes away.

The actual travel time between the two spots is at least 20 minutes

Maybe just let the guy do his job Alex Forrest

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Those noises are associated with something called sexual intercourse pal.

Given their front door is outside in view of my window and door camera, I’ll let Rick and his son know what they are apparently doing is against the law.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

For the last week or so I've been constantly sooking it back up as there has never been a proper moment to let it go. The bathroom is just off the staff room which invariably only has one person sat on the computer which is definitely within trumpet call hearing distance. When I eventually get back in the car it's like McCartney's Frog Chorus.

Split 2/3 days WFH and rest in office,

Remembering that the office is not a fart as you please zone like being at home, and having spent months purely WFH, 

I still have the moments of realising I will need to go for a walk to avoid the moment a fart by either noise or smell may fear or kill a nearby colleague.

I can't get used to having to hold my farts again, it should be acceptable. If you make me sit in a room working for 7 - 8 hours a day it should be in the T&Cs of work life.

Edited by MEADOWXI

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I worked in a wee office a few years back, small enough that nobody could get away with farting without being outed for the sound/smell.

My desk shared a wall with the single-cubicle toilet, and every day was a constant procession of people emptying their flatus down the white porcelain tuba, followed by awkward nods of acknowledgement as they emerged and walked past me.

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Find empty lift

Fart in lift

Get off at next floor while sending the lift up to the executive level for them to enjoy and walk back down the stairs to your desk whistling innocently