Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Tesco going OTT with the "Let's celebrate the king's coronation". 

Aisles of shite, union flags, the lot. 

Went to the dentist earlier followed by a trip to Tesco and saw a couple of small shelves of tat they're trying to punt.  Certainly not, "Aisles of shite, union flags, the lot".   It was barely noticeable.

Mind you, were I head of merchandising for MacTesco I'd be looking to sell a discounted UF-printed apron at the butcher's counter.  Just for max seethe.  A trick missed, I think.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

esco going OTT with the "Let's celebrate the king's coronation". 

Aisles of shite, union flags, the lot. 

Went to the dentist earlier followed by a trip to Tesco and saw a couple of small shelves of tat they're trying to punt.  Certainly not, "Aisles of shite, union flags, the lot".   It was barely noticeable.

Mind you, were I head of merchandising for MacTesco I'd be looking to sell a discounted UF-printed apron at the butcher's counter.  Just for max seethe.  A trick missed, I think.

My local Tesco had a very limited display of coronation tat at the end of an aisle. I had the impression that they were rather embarrassed and it was only there on orders from head office.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The Dundee Kingsway (aptly named you may say) has crowns floating about the shop, bags of "Royal Lamb and Mint" crisps and coronation cupcakes stacked from floor to ceiling.

"Succulent Lamb and Minty" is the crisp flavour we didn't know we needed.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The Dundee Kingsway (aptly named you may say) has crowns floating about the shop, bags of "Royal Lamb and Mint" crisps and coronation cupcakes stacked from floor to ceiling.

Disgusting.

The Kingsway locals will be snapping that up, given their enthusiastic coffinspotting display not so long ago.

16 minutes ago, Northboy said:

My local Tesco had a very limited display of coronation tat at the end of an aisle. I had the impression that they were rather embarrassed and it was only there on orders from head office.

Similar to the England World Cup / Euros / Rugger WC shite we have to endure when they qualify for anything. 

Hoping for King Charles toilet paper tbqhwy

59 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Similar to the England World Cup / Euros / Rugger WC shite we have to endure when they qualify for anything. 

Hoping for King Charles toilet paper tbqhwy

As good as.

https://www.buybritishbunting.com/product/union-jack-souvenir-toilet-tissue-single-roll-2ply-250-sheets/

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

we’re 25c today, 26 tomorrow and then a 50% chance of snow on Monday. Planet’s humped 

D04FAC17-6671-4DA9-B06B-4E413A0DF6E3.thumb.png.f6c8eec1a1d5855b808188bf483fc7e1.png

Aye, it's been very pleasant, even got out on my balcony a few evenings this week!

ETA Especially with the low humidity.

Edited by Raidernation

5 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

we’re 25c today, 26 tomorrow and then a 50% chance of snow on Monday. Planet’s humped 

D04FAC17-6671-4DA9-B06B-4E413A0DF6E3.thumb.png.f6c8eec1a1d5855b808188bf483fc7e1.png

I certainly don’t want the warming, as a few days ago it was heater and defroster on in the car at 7:20 followed by full A/C for the afternoon with it hitting 32!

On 14/04/2023 at 10:44, Zetterlund said:

I can't watch a film anymore without noticing all the fake sound effects when people are driving cars.

Anytime someone drives sedately round a corner the tyres have to screech. The same when changing lanes on a motorway.

Anytime a car slowly rolls to a stop, even if it's a seemingly new, high-end motor, the brakes squeal.

It's very subtle but I can't unhear it.

for me it is "drinking" from obviously empty take away coffee cups. Would it kill them to just fill them up with water to attempt to convey an element of volume!

10 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

for me it is "drinking" from obviously empty take away coffee cups. Would it kill them to just fill them up with water to attempt to convey an element of volume!

I'll look out for that one next time...

pointing.gif.275adc4358eac03c9351485236bcb6cf.gif

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wait until you notice actors constantly twirling their food, usually pasta, instead of eating it.

Eating scenes of course present real issues for actors in terms of continuity and more obviously having to say lines with their mouth's full. However in terms of having a conversation over dinner at the expense of eating, you could explain it through reasonable everyday circs ie conversational topic too important, stress, not hungry etc etc. Coffee cups are props introduced to strengthen the realism of the situation - being clearly empty has the complete opposite effect. 

One for the Film & TV Tropes thread is actors from the method school licking the tip of their thumb (no other finger) after using their hands to take a bite of something. Once noticed you can't unseen it. 

Edited by KingRocketman II