Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How shit the Royal Mail service is. 

Genuinely well worth spending £6+ extra getting it delivered by someone else rather than using their dogshit service.

Spend money to get a next day tracked delivery, only to go a whole week without the parcel and a tracking message stuck at the same time for most of it. No updates or response or anything. An item worth almost a grand just vanished.

You're only insured up to about £60 too. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

How shit the Royal Mail service is. 

Genuinely well worth spending £6+ extra getting it delivered by someone else rather than using their dogshit service.

Spend money to get a next day tracked delivery, only to go a whole week without the parcel and a tracking message stuck at the same time for most of it. No updates or response or anything. An item worth almost a grand just vanished.

Maybe take your mind off posting shite on the Dundee thread.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

The overwhelming sense that my life is slowly but surely slipping away.

Try skydiving, that’ll surely show you what it’s like to be convinced it’s rapidly slipping away…

11 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

If it's a slide full of text, let people read for themselves. 

Why are the slides full of text? 

Sounds like a shit slide.

If people need to read, send them reading. Slides for presentation should have one or two concise points as prompts, or diagrams, or ideally a lovely graph, and should be talked over. 

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

You're only insured up to about £60 too. 

It finally arrived. Laptop.

Put kid to bed, start it up.

Sky internet drops and is apparently going to be out for a few days. Cant set up the laptop without internet connection. 

Tops off a fucking shit week.

On the GP chat - booked an appointment for myself and it was 4 weeks away. Since I'd already waited 4 weeks from my first onset of symptoms I kinda accepted this. I had no idea how urgent it could have been but as it hadn't killed me yet then another month wasn't gonna make much difference. "Is it an emergency?" idk lady, 50% of google is telling me I've got a brain tumor and 5% think I've had a stroke. ((I probably don't, doctor didn't seem too worried when I saw him but that is part of his job))

What really annoyed me is when I needed one for the child. Was unsure originally so phoned 111. Talked to a nurse/dr there and they advised make a GP appointment. Phoned the GP. Receptionist gave me a callback in an hour... GP spoke to me all of 2 minutes and booked an actual face-to-face appointment for the same day. You know, the thing I was told I needed over an hour ago. No idea what the point of booking the dr callback was for when I'd already spoke to a qualified person. I blame the receptionist, again.

I do like the sign-in screen they have though so you don't need to talk to the nosy cow when you turn up :)

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Movies on TV with wildly fluctuating sound levels.

Volume up for the talkie bits, down for the action bits. Way down for the ads.

Sound guy, you have one job.

Movies that have background  music/sound/noise all the way through.

About 20 minutes in, it just becomes unwatchable. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It finally arrived. Laptop.

Put kid to bed, start it up.

Sky internet drops and is apparently going to be out for a few days. Cant set up the laptop without internet connection. 

Tops off a fucking shit week.

Tether it to your phone's internet (non-wifi obviously).

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Every Friday I always say “another week done and another week closer to the grave” 

The life expectancy of a male living in Dundee is 73.5 so I’m 70% of the way there. Or I’m at about ten to five in the evening of my doomsday clock.

(East Lothian is slightly higher at 78.9 https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files/statistics/council-area-data-sheets/east-lothian-council-profile.html#:~:text=In East Lothian%2C life expectancy,years) in 2019-21.)

Just now, Melanius Mullarkay said:

The life expectancy of a male living in Dundee is 73.5 so I’m 70% of the way there. Or I’m at about ten to five in the evening of my doomsday clock.

(East Lothian is slightly higher at 78.9 https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files/statistics/council-area-data-sheets/east-lothian-council-profile.html#:~:text=In East Lothian%2C life expectancy,years) in 2019-21.)

That’s good - I’m only 36 so a few years left in me yet. I should stop complaining.

36 minutes ago, throbber said:

Every Friday I always say “another week done and another week closer to the grave” 

You sound like an absolute bundle of fun to work with throbber! 

"Have a good weekend mate" 

"Aye will do, we'll all be dead soon" 

Edited by Swarley