Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Teenage restaurant bar staff.

Actually that's a bit unfair on them, so I'll direct my minor rage in the direction of their management who can't train them.

Which lagers do you have?

Dunno, I'll need to ask.

What wines do you have?

Red and white, I think.

Which type of red?

Dunno, I'll need to ask .

Do you have non alcoholic drinks?

Dunno, I'll need to ask.

Somebody please teach them the basics.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Actually that's a bit unfair on them, so I'll direct my minor rage in the direction of their management who can't train them.

Dunno, I'll need to ask.

What wines do you have?

Red and white, I think.

Which type of red?

Dunno, I'll need to ask.

What's the soup of the day?

Dunno.

Every...single...time. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Dunno, I'll need to ask.

What wines do you have?

Red and white, I think.

Which type of red?

Dunno, I'll need to ask.

Overheard at a football hospitality suite. What wines do you have? Answer...both.

I don't know what's worse someone expecting a choice of different reds or whites at a low level football ground or the staff limitations.

Another was my mate bringing his 18 year old son into our local old man's bar. Asked what he wanted and answered,"what do they sell"?

39 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Overheard at a football hospitality suite. What wines do you have? Answer...both.

I don't know what's worse someone expecting a choice of different reds or whites at a low level football ground or the staff limitations.

Another was my mate bringing his 18 year old son into our local old man's bar. Asked what he wanted and answered,"what do they sell"?

I remember when wines were black and blue.

Black Tower Wine Bottle | Black tower wine, Bottle, Wine and spiritsThe Sex Pistols' famous live TV 'F word' rant kicked off over a bottle ...

Been done here a few times but folk that queue at the pie stall for ages but when they get to the counter eventually they are suddenly bewildered by the choice and take ages ummming and ahhhhing while the queue behind seethes.

One Pie

One Bovril

Now f**k off. 

3 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I remember when wines were black and blue.

Black Tower Wine Bottle | Black tower wine, Bottle, Wine and spiritsThe Sex Pistols' famous live TV 'F word' rant kicked off over a bottle ...

My da used to always buy those 2. As a kid I thought they looked quite fancy.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Been done here a few times but folk that queue at the pie stall for ages but when they get to the counter eventually they are suddenly bewildered by the choice and take ages ummming and ahhhhing while the queue behind seethes.

One Pie

One Bovril

Now f**k off. 

@Clarko_son bought me a bovril recently. J'deteste bovril.

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

One Pie

One Bovril

Now f**k off. 

pywjzFj2nW4-he7HywzEuESdv0o=.gif

Just now, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

People that get other people to be their “talking piece” and hide behind other people rather than addressing problems themselves like an adult.

My friend says this a ridiculous take. 

2 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

4 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Your friend it correct. My grandad always said to me “Sometimes the things that you’re scared of/worried about are thing things you need to do”you’re never going to get very far in life if you have others doing your dirty work and you don’t face your own battles.You find a lot of these people that hide behind others don’t ever mature in life as my gran would say “if they’ve been breastfed there whole life” 

22 minutes ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

Your friend it correct. My grandad always said to me “Sometimes the things that you’re scared of/worried about are thing things you need to do”you’re never going to get very far in life if you have others doing your dirty work and you don’t face your own battles.You find a lot of these people that hide behind others don’t ever mature in life as my gran would say “if they’ve been breastfed there whole life” 

You seem every bit as mental as your ancestors.

58 minutes ago, Lucyintheskywithdiamonds said:

mmmmmm bitty