Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I keep cables. I don't know what they are for. Old phones, old computers, small electrical things. I want to chuck them but I think I will remember what they were for then regret chucking them. I need to let go but finding it difficult. 

I hear you. I have a box in a cupboard full of scart cables of different kinds. I think one of them has a scart on one end, and the other end splits into spaghetti-like cables with two red, two white, and two yellow single plug things. Pretty sure they were audio in, audio out, video in, video out, and video in-out, in-out, shake it all about.

Will take them to the grave. Cannot throw them out. Vinyl made a comeback, so could scart sockets.

14 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I keep cables. I don't know what they are for. Old phones, old computers, small electrical things. I want to chuck them but I think I will remember what they were for then regret chucking them. I need to let go but finding it difficult. 

I thought I was the only one who had that problem.

2 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

You’re not alone. Miles of TV extension cable (we’ve been using a Firestick for over a year), Miles of phone cables even though we got rid of the landline, several original iPhone chargers plus loads of unrecognisable stuff that MIGHT come in handy one day. 

8 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

You’re not alone. Miles of TV extension cable (we’ve been using a Firestick for over a year), Miles of phone cables even though we got rid of the landline, several original iPhone chargers plus loads of unrecognisable stuff that MIGHT come in handy one day. 

This is the key!

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I hear you. I have a box in a cupboard full of scart cables of different kinds. I think one of them has a scart on one end, and the other end splits into spaghetti-like cables with two red, two white, and two yellow single plug things. Pretty sure they were audio in, audio out, video in, video out, and video in-out, in-out, shake it all about.

Will take them to the grave. Cannot throw them out. Vinyl made a comeback, so could scart sockets.

For connecting a 1980's stylee video camera to TV to watch your home-made movies on telly.............so a mate tells me.........

7 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

7 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

7 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I found a way to get rid of most of that. When you are told by a lawyer to split stuff up, it becomes remarkably easy to go through all that crap and decide most of it is useless…or can be replaced off Amazon in a couple of days. Alternately, a house fire is supposed to be good for solving hoarding issues.

Questions like “Who are the four people, from all time, you would like to invite to dinner?”

Everyone gets all existential and tosses out names like Jesus Christ, Ghandi, and shite like that. Those would be terrible dinners, with boring conversation and stuff. Surely everyone is really wanting to list four absolute party animals, but thinks people would judge them poorly.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Questions like “Who are the four people, from all time, you would like to invite to dinner?”

Everyone gets all existential and tosses out names like Jesus Christ, Ghandi, and shite like that. Those would be terrible dinners, with boring conversation and stuff. Surely everyone is really wanting to list four absolute party animals, but thinks people would judge them poorly.

Tam Cowan used to say he'd invite Lenny Henry, so he wouldn't be the least funny person in the room.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Name your top four absolute party animals

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Your remains will be discovered some day and considered evidence of an early human-cyborg prototype.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Real answer is 4 "wids"

I've been getting the name of one of my all-time favourite albums wrong for more than thirty years.

I saw someone misquote the title on a website and smugly decided to search for their version to see if it was a common mistake. Turns out they had it right. Genuinely spinechilling Mandela Effect moment, but I'm obviously just a smug idiot rather than a multiverse traveller.