Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Have either broken a tooth or the filling has fallen out - did not feel anything until this morning. Went to dentist first thing and explained what the problem was.  Unless it is swollen or I am in extreme pain there is no available appointment until January. The receptionist suggest going to the Chemists and get a temporary filling kit!

What a state out Health Service is in.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Got stung on the arse by a wasp this morning, which I assume is some sort of revenge for Falkirk humping Alloa at the weekend.

Was just strolling along the canal towpath minding my own business when it happened as well.

I wondered what had become of the naked rambler

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Got stung on the arse by a wasp this morning, which I assume is some sort of revenge for Falkirk humping Alloa at the weekend.

Was just strolling along the canal towpath minding my own business when it happened as well.

Same thing happened to me today, stopped at a tree for some shade with the dogs and noticed a wasp on one of the dogs and flicked it off, next thing I'm getting attacked the little f**kers got me 6 times on my right leg, 

15 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Pics etc.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Delivery drivers who dinnae bother to close the gate after the "incredibly difficult task" of flinging a parcel at the step and taking a photo - p***ks.

Do you think you’d get a better service if they were paid like this?

UPS driver pay and benefits deal in US to be worth $170,000 a year, firm says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66445496

Ordered clothes online on Thursday, paid extra for next day delivery only to be met with the dreaded words "your parcel is with Evri" suffice to say I've not received my stuff, expecting it some time next year. I'd pay 3x any delivery cost just to avoid Evri.

Edited by Empty It

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Last week I went on a pre-chemo information thingie. There was a wasp crawling about on the arm of the couch - the nurse chased it into a corner and a spider got it.

Have a big cobweb on corner of bathroom window, when other half stays over she hates it and wants to destroy it, I say leave it. Works better than fly spray. Let the spiders live and eat all the flying and creeping buggers. This ain't Australia, spiders in the UK aren't going to kill you and they do a decent job.

And I hate dusting anyway.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Do you think you’d get a better service if they were paid like this?

UPS driver pay and benefits deal in US to be worth $170,000 a year, firm says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66445496

Thats incredible, it would almost make it worth taking the risk of being shot to do that job...............

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Thats incredible, it would almost make it worth taking the risk of being shot to do that job...............

Not really…a good chunk of that is in the “and benefits”. The old agreement was headlined as providing $95,000 in pay and $50,000 in benefits…so this one will be about $115,000 in pay and $60,000 in benefits. That $95,000 also includes about 120 hours of overtime each year. A huge portion of that $60,000 will health care, and a decent chunk will be paid leave, which is counted twice.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not really…a good chunk of that is in the “and benefits”. The old agreement was headlined as providing $95,000 in pay and $50,000 in benefits…so this one will be about $115,000 in pay and $60,000 in benefits. That $95,000 also includes about 120 hours of overtime each year. A huge portion of that $60,000 will health care, and a decent chunk will be paid leave, which is counted twice.

Aye, but $95000 for driving a van and delivering stuff is not inconsiderable in itself !

By my reckoning thats ~£75000 for a totally unskilled job

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Do they rely on tips to supplement their income?