Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

55 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd imagine you as the type to still carry a cheque book

Still got one tbh.

Plus answer the quarter bottle question.

40 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

...without a cheque guarantee card 

f**k that takes me back to the days on the tills in Fine Fare.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I'd imagine you as the type to still carry a cheque book

48 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

...without a cheque guarantee card 

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

f**k that takes me back to the days on the tills in Fine Fare.

Actually wrote two cheques today…now I had to look, and I actually can’t find a similar occurrence in the past five+ years. Also noticed I last ordered cheques (before a recent move required new ones) in 2011. 250 of them…of which some 150 never got used in 11 years.

On 18/02/2024 at 21:10, Soapy FFC said:

This seems to tie in with ASDA putting barriers and in/out gates up in the stores.

Think all the supermarkets are doing that? Our local Tesco and Morrison's certainly have (the Tesco recently, the Morrison's I think has always been that way). It is annoying though, especially if you want to go to the toilet mid shop (especially pertinent with a toddler) or need to go to the kiosk and then have to barge your way past folk in the check out bit because it's now a one way entry system. 

On 18/02/2024 at 21:10, Soapy FFC said:

Every time I now use the self service checkout in ASDA and I add my own bag, the checkout refuses to work until someone has checked my bag as, according to the checkout, the bag is too heavy. This seems to tie in with ASDA putting barriers and in/out gates up in the stores. Looks like they are treating everyone as thieves until proven otherwise.

Asda have been withholding bags for years in Dundee. You usually go and have to ask some old boot for one.

Ajax, of over 100 years history, most successful team in Holland, multiple European trophies, Cruyff, records galore,

Are now in fact just some greedy English twats club,

image.png.80d5cf3003175e16a8c9167a97415be4.png

He is far from the first thing I think of when naming Ajax as a club. BBC cockwombles

31 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Ajax, of over 100 years history, most successful team in Holland, multiple European trophies, Cruyff, records galore,

Are now in fact just some greedy English twats club,

image.png.80d5cf3003175e16a8c9167a97415be4.png

He is far from the first thing I think of when naming Ajax as a club. BBC cockwombles

I hope Ajax wipe the floor with them

Two Ronnies, 1977

I got some new cutlery recently, because life was getting a little dull. Each pack had 4 of everything, so I bought two.

Just noticed that the tablespoons from each pack are noticeably different sizes. Outrageous. If the teaspoons are likewise, heads will roll.

Edit: Glenn Hoddle has been mentioned 83 times in this thread to date. Has he done anything new recently, or is this always just a sudden remembrance that he exists?

Edited by BFTD

On 22/02/2024 at 13:12, velo army said:

I was at a game years ago and Mark Walters went down with cramp. Knowing the link between potassium deficiency and cramp I threw on the banana I had saved for lunch, but I'm the bad guy? FML.

Absolutely pishing @ this.  Possibly one of the greatest posts ever on this website.

35 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I got some new cutlery recently, because life was getting a little dull. Each pack had 4 of everything, so I bought two.

Just noticed that the tablespoons from each pack are noticeably different sizes. Outrageous. If the teaspoons are likewise, heads will roll.

Edit: Glenn Hoddle has been mentioned 83 times in this thread to date. Has he done anything new recently, or is this always just a sudden remembrance that he exists?

I used to post him whenever the Gazprom was on the telly with him commentating. Joey maintains that proud tradition.

Having a fucking argument with ChatGPT about DALL-E's use of random text in pictures. Apparently it hasn't used any text here; eagle-eyed readers may just be able to spot some. When questioned, apparently "the company name is easily legible".

The future, ladies and gentlemen. @TxRover, sort your shit out.

image.png.a0a92aa301bf2735c9ba3eeac97313d6.png

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

He was an absolute c**t in a past life, so deserves every single piece of derision that comes his way on here.