Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

"who's listening to this in 2024?"

Or 'I'm 76 and I have to say these guys are such a breath of fresh air.  Sounds like bands I used to listen to in College in the 60s!'

I always comment with either 'I was born in 1910 and still listen to these guys! or 'I'm 4 and I have to say I don't think I've heard a sound like this!'

Lahndahn meeja getting tumescent at the news that The Garrick Club have 'voted' to admit women. Who really gives a fvck that a 'club' that is stuffed with judges, politicians and other sundry wankers has decided to join the 21st century ?

Any woman with a modicum of self-respect should be torching the place. 

Aaaaand breathe...........................................😇

13 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Lahndahn meeja getting tumescent at the news that The Garrick Club have 'voted' to admit women. Who really gives a fvck that a 'club' that is stuffed with judges, politicians and other sundry wankers has decided to join the 21st century ?

Any woman with a modicum of self-respect should be torching the place. 

Aaaaand breathe...........................................😇

Judges and politicians you say? I would gather then that it is the first time women have been permitted entry as members/customers, rather than the first time they have crossed the threshold because if it is frequented by people of the aforementioned professions, it will have been full of prostitutes and rent boys since the day and hour it opened its doors.

I imagine, knowing this place, this will have been well covered already... Anyway, bottle tops stuck to bottles, why is this the new way to really fucking annoy people, not sure what's worse this or cardboard straws. Took a drink of one of those liquid yogurt protein things the other day, forgetting to take the cap off and ended up with the white liquid, from the cap, over my face*

*explosion of Kenneth Williams gifs incoming

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Took a drink of one of those liquid yogurt protein things the other day, forgetting to take the cap off and ended up with the white liquid, from the cap, over my face*

S03E03-ZrntB73R.jpg.b6195ce174270d042df7fbc6e9fbd536.jpg

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

I imagine, knowing this place, this will have been well covered already... Anyway, bottle tops stuck to bottles, why is this the new way to really fucking annoy people, not sure what's worse this or cardboard straws. Took a drink of one of those liquid yogurt protein things the other day, forgetting to take the cap off and ended up with the white liquid, from the cap, over my face*

I always get some scissors to cut the bottle lid free

I hope I don't look back on this as the start of a journey to joining Britain First but I've noticed a number of our New Scots friends don't stand up to get off the bus until it has come to a full stop.

This leads to carnage when hard working British families (me) see an empty bus doorway and go to get on only to be trampled in the melee 5 seconds later.

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I hope I don't look back on this as the start of a journey to joining Britain First but I've noticed a number of our New Scots friends don't stand up to get off the bus until it has come to a full stop.

This leads to carnage when hard working British families (me) see an empty bus doorway and go to get on only to be trampled in the melee 5 seconds later.

No sympathy. You should be looking out for good, hard-working, proper BRITTISH pensioners who can't get up 'til the bus stops in case they fall over and break a hip and can't get seen at the hospital due to all of the immergants taking all the beds and not staffing our hospitals anymore.

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

I must be in a minority about the bottle tops. After initially disliking them I am now a fan after getting used to them and mastering the art of taking the top off and putting it back on using one hand. . No danger now of losing the top under your feet when having a drink when driving.

5 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I must be in a minority about the bottle tops. After initially disliking them I am now a fan after getting used to them and mastering the art of taking the top off and putting it back on using one hand. . No danger now of losing the top under your feet when having a drink when driving.

Aye, I couldn't care less, especially considering how easy it is to rip them off if you really want to. It's like when the fixed ring pulls on cans came in during the Nineties.

I did think their quality control was in the shitter to start with though - did I miss it, or was there no real effort made to inform the public that they were doing this with bottle tops?

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, I couldn't care less, especially considering how easy it is to rip them off if you really want to. It's like when the fixed ring pulls on cans came in during the Nineties.

I did think their quality control was in the shitter to start with though - did I miss it, or was there no real effort made to inform the public that they were doing this with bottle tops?

The first time I encountered them I spent ages trying to rip the hinge off to open the bottle rather than just twisting the top. But I never look at instructions. 

Posted (edited)

The most annoying TV/radio adverts are the ones where they take the tune of a popular song but change the words to suit whatever shite they’re trying to plug.

The current compare the market/cafe Nero advert (to the tune of Shania Twain’s “Man, I feel like a woman”) has me wanting to go down Edinburgh Zoo at night and throttle all of the meerkats. 

Edited by JS_FFC

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

No sympathy. You should be looking out for good, hard-working, proper BRITTISH pensioners who can't get up 'til the bus stops in case they fall over and break a hip and can't get seen at the hospital due to all of the immergants taking all the beds and not staffing our hospitals anymore.

Being between 21 and 50 I'm only c**t paying to be on that bus. 

58 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Being between 21 and 50 I'm only c**t paying to be on that bus. 

They paid for their bus passes by dying in two world wars for the likes of you!

12 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

@Inanimate Carbon Rod, here's one!