Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm like a half shut knife today.

(I've no idea where that saying comes from)

It refers to your posture if you're not feeling up to scratch ie stooped over like a half shut pen knife.

What chance would you have changing a wheel if you can't work that out?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I meant a wheel not a tyre haha. Although I can change a tyre without the need of a machine. Learned how to do it in the garage I worked in before joining the navy. Fucking difficult at first but gets easier the more you do it.

I honestly do believe that changing a wheel should be part of the driving test.

I meant a wheel not a tyre haha. Although I can change a tyre without the need of a machine. Learned how to do it in the garage I worked in before joining the navy. Fucking difficult at first but gets easier the more you do it.

I honestly do believe that changing a wheel should be part of the driving test.

Driving whilst eating a packet of crisps. That should be part of the test as we all end up doing it at some point.

People (and they're almost always English) who mispronounce GREEN-ock as Gren-uck. Just because you completely fucked up the language in your part of the world doesn't make it apply to civilisation.

Knobs in the pub today, going mental over Man City winning the title. At the bar I asked a couple of them how often they go to city games. The answer of course was never.

Ever considered that it is just down to people being fed up of Man United and their "fans". I'm no City supporter, and I know they'll be tedious within a couple of years, but United fans are brutal in terms of the whole "our lads played well..." type chat when they've never been to a game.

Television's use of alternative measures of length / height (double decker busses), volume (swimming pools, Olympic size naturally), area (football pitches) and a more recent one i heard, pressure: "imagine, if you can, the weight of 3 Eiffel towers standing on a tournament sized snooker table".

Just tell us the fucking number.

yeah, i a few days ago i heard something on the tv being described as 'the length of two double-decker buses'

blink.gif

Ever considered that it is just down to people being fed up of Man United and their "fans". I'm no City supporter, and I know they'll be tedious within a couple of years, but United fans are brutal in terms of the whole "our lads played well..." type chat when they've never

been to a game.

This. Exactly this.

Gets extremely boring listening to (usually Rangers/Celtic as well) Man Utd 'fans' talk about how great it is winning every single game so I was fairly happy somebody different won it, mainly just as a GIRUY to them.

Television's use of alternative measures of length / height (double decker busses), volume (swimming pools, Olympic size naturally), area (football pitches) and a more recent one i heard, pressure: "imagine, if you can, the weight of 3 Eiffel towers standing on a tournament sized snooker table".

This.

Thick as two short planks the lot of them.

Too many TV presenters don't have a fu**ing clue about shit like this..........

Top Gear is just an example ....

TBH how many people can tell you what a gallon is, or what a mile is, but proudly boast how fast their motor goes in MPH or how many miles they get to a gallon......?

I love it when I hear someone mention Brake (as in Brake Horse Power)....... (Ned accent adds to the amusement BTW) ..." the bloke I bought it fae put on a big bore and an induction kit, he reckons it pulls an extra 15 brake.... at least"..............!

Don't mention that BHP is a calculation though, maths an stuff isnae cool and we'll never use it.........<_<

Anyway, what is the average bra size in the UK these days.........;)