Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I hate people who use the word kip for sleep

No you don't. You might find it mildly annoying but you don't hate them.

Why so irritable at this time in the morning anyway? Did you not get a good nights kip?

Edited by Dee Man

No you don't. You might find it mildly annoying but you don't hate them.

Why so irritable at this time in the morning anyway? Did you not get a good nights kip?

I suppose it was a bit drastic of me to say that - the word just pisses me right off

It got brought on by reading the word chap for knocking on a door, another word i hate :(

Went to the cinema. Among the myriad adverts was one Better Together one and two No Borders ones. All were insulting garbage full of lies. One of the No Borders one went something like this;

"An Englishman, a Welshman and a Scotman all lose their passports abroad. The Welshman and the Englishman go to the British embassay and get home. The Scotsman gets stranded."

"That's not funny."

"I never said it was."

That's right, we should vote no in case we lose our passport abroad...

Folk that sell cars on websites saying stuff like "it only needs a flux capacitor but the guy at the local garage said it would only cost £60 to fit one". Yeah? Well get the c**t to fix it then, sell a reliable car and fire £60 on the asking price.

Automated phone systems..... I had to phone the tax office the other day and it took 12.5 minutes of talking to an automated system before I got to speak to a human being - by which time of course I was fking raging :angry: I hate the whole idea of those things ( automated answering systems ) and I had used the " house phone " as it's an 0845 number - which meant I had to listen with the phone to my ear all the time as I didn't know when someone would answer..... ( and lI had to listen to the insincere " we are sorry to keep you waiting " messages every two minutes )

To make matters worse - it was a demand for £73 which I offered / wanted to pay there and then but was told I need to send a cheque ! ( I do have a cheque book but it's a long story ) I mean who the fk has a cheque book in this day and age ( except me ;) )

I did suggest that instead of spending my hard earned tax ( which I'm sure I don't even owe ) on a fancy phone system they could perhaps modernise their fking payment system as after all, that is the very reason they exist - the lassie said she would pass on my helpful ideas :)

Automated phone systems..... I had to phone the tax office the other day and it took 12.5 minutes of talking to an automated system before I got to speak to a human being - by which time of course I was fking raging :angry: I hate the whole idea of those things ( automated answering systems ) and I had used the " house phone " as it's an 0845 number - which meant I had to listen with the phone to my ear all the time as I didn't know when someone would answer..... ( and lI had to listen to the insincere " we are sorry to keep you waiting " messages every two minutes )

To make matters worse - it was a demand for £73 which I offered / wanted to pay there and then but was told I need to send a cheque ! ( I do have a cheque book but it's a long story ) I mean who the fk has a cheque book in this day and age ( except me ;) )

I did suggest that instead of spending my hard earned tax ( which I'm sure I don't even owe ) on a fancy phone system they could perhaps modernise their fking payment system as after all, that is the very reason they exist - the lassie said she would pass on my helpful ideas :)

I remember phoning 1 of these automated phone lines and being met with the response that their hours were 8AM - 10PM??????

Seriously!!!!!

My inability to eat just one or two biscuits. Just opened a packet of Maryland cookies to dunk in my tea. Intended to just eat a few. Packet is now empty and I feel horrible

Edited by kev23

My inability to eat just one or two biscuits. Just opened a packet of Maryland cookies to dunk in my tea. Intended to just eat a few. Packet is now empty and I feel horrible

Scum. Sub-human scum.

People haggling. It was on Gumtree for £50 and when I phoned in reply to your vowel-free text you agreed to £50. Don't start haggling after that, especially after I've taken the bus into town to meet you somewhere that suits you.