Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

What the blimmin 'eck?? I'm struggling to make sense of that post...

If the <<< doesn't golf was directed at me, I do golf. :unsure2:

No, that would be: ^^^ doesn't golf. The arrows were pointing at me, as an apology for not understanding the game. I was just surprised/annoyed that the First & Prime Ministers were representing Europe. Bunch of fucking amateurs <_<

Got hammered in the baws at 5s tonight. Half volley, hit sweet as a nut, absolute cannoned into me. Just stood and waiting for the pain to hit. Never felt anything like it. Felt like I was going to cough them up.

I'm not even too sure what the 'PTTGOYN' is here. Probably indoor footballs or not being able to roll over to quick because it still hurts.

I have chosen today to forget my earphones. So instead of cutting myself off from the world for an hour and watching some Clone Wars episodes on my phone I'm sitting trying to blot out the inane chat of the lassies in my work squaking at one another about their weans.

I have chosen today to forget my earphones.

If I had a harsh choice between taking my wallet or earphones to work, it would be the latter. Afternoon hunger would be a price worth paying. Absolutely hate it when I leave them plugged into the laptop.

Here's the best bit...

Paisley (Gilmour St) to Aberdeen off peak return is £73.90.

Glasgow Queen St - Aberdeen off peak return is £58... which obviously means that Glasgow to Paisley must be £15.90, right? :wacko:

I've complained to Scotrail about this before and all they give is the excuse of 'with so many combinations it's inevitable that something like will occur'. Tbf though, it's not half as bad as it used to be. Aberdeen to Mt Florida rather than two separate tickets was a favourite to rip folk off.

Edited by Hedgecutter

People talking about their holidays, specifically the weather in this fashion:

"Well, Monday it pissed down. Tuesday it pissed down. Wednesday, it pissed down, Thursday it pissed down. Friday it pissed down. Saturday was bright and sunny. Sunday, bright and sunny again"

f**k off. It rained right through from Monday to Friday but the weekend was sunny. Is it so fucking difficult to remember without making a list?

Here's the best bit...

Glasgow Queen St - Aberdeen off peak return is £58... which obviously means that Glasgow to Paisley must be £15.90, right? :wacko:

I've complained to Scotrail about this before and all they give is the excuse of 'with so many combinations it's inevitable that something like will occur'. Tbf though, it's not half as bad as it used to be. Aberdeen to Mt Florida rather than two separate tickets was a favourite to rip folk off.

Recent train prices I've encountered

Airbles to Hamilton (1 stop, 5 minutes journey time) £2.90 (£2.90 per stop or £2.90 per 5 minutes of travel)

Airbles to Glasgow (10 stops, 30 minute journey time) £4.90 (£0.49p per stop or £0.81p per 5 minutes of travel)

Airbles to Kilmarnock (22 stops, 1 hour 10 minutes journey time) £7.20 (0.32p per stop or £0.24p per 5 minutes of travel)

Here's the best bit...

One of the guys at Partick station tipped me off about "staging" long journeys - Glasgow to Dundee, for instance:

Glasgow - Dundee £41.70, but

Glasgow - Stirling £8.00

Stirling - Perth £8.10

Perth - Dundee £8.30

Total £24.40

Go figure.

One of the guys at Partick station tipped me off about "staging" long journeys - Glasgow to Dundee, for instance:

Glasgow - Dundee £41.70, but

Glasgow - Stirling £8.00

Stirling - Perth £8.10

Perth - Dundee £8.30

Total £24.40

Go figure.

That's why it pays to do these things in advance. Glasgow to Dundee is usually £6.90.