Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I tend to vary the times I go depending on what I plan to do. There are about 3 lanes worth marked off for people who want to do laps (you swim in an anti clockwise direction and there's room for overtaking) and then another area for less quick swimmers and people with kids.

The kids are only ever in up til 5pm and 99% of the time they are well behaved and cause me no hassle because they're in the other section. This particular couples' kid doesn't do anything wrong either, but I see him as guilty by association.

I met my ex at the gym and needless to say after our swim we'd always have 20 mins in the steam room to 'relax'.

I always knew you were gay. Gym's are notorious gay pick up points and "relax" is clearly a Frankie Goes To Hollywood reference tacitly inserted into your post.

Either that or I've just committed a Freudian Slip :P

I do love Frankie Goes To Hollywood right enough.

There's a couple I always see at the swimming pool who I fucking detest. The woman is extremely fat and insists on wearing a bikini so her MASSIVE stomach is on display at all times (she sepnds most of her time wandering around the side of the pool watching her kid splash about).

The husband (who actually has a very athletic build) is always grabbing her, rubbing his hands on her stomach and kissing her. One day I'm just going to lose my cool and shout something at them.

They make me sick.

As long as you are sure it doesn't secretly turn you on and only annoys you cause you can't hide your stiffy when you get out the pool.

Got a letter through the door saying my EMA application was unsuccessful. <_<

Didn't give me good reasoning, just said that they've changed the "rules".

Not happy.

Gutted. :D

If it's any consolation mate, mine was accepted. ;)

What's EMA?

Eh, Maintaining Allowance?

Something like that anyway. The government pays you for attending school, depending upon what the household income is. You can either get £30, £20 or £10 per week, and bonuses during the end of terms.

I was too young to get it last year, and apparently my mom earns too much. <_<

Me too. Things would go a lot different, mind.

That's the fantasy though, isn't it? To go back and do it all again with the knowledge that you have as an adult.

I suppose it's a pretty sad reflection on how mal-adjusted my life is that I dream of going back to school (which I hated with a passion) to do it all again with a different perspective. Perhaps if I was happier in my career I wouldn't even think about school.

That's the fantasy though, isn't it? To go back and do it all again with the knowledge that you have as an adult.

I suppose it's a pretty sad reflection on how mal-adjusted my life is that I dream of going back to school (which I hated with a passion) to do it all again with a different perspective. Perhaps if I was happier in my career I wouldn't even think about school.

Those are pretty much my thoughts on it as well. I wouldn't even want to go back with the knowledge I have now, I'd just make a couple of adjustments- not taking subject X, not dumping girl Y, not punching Z in the face.

Edited by Breaking Decency

Eh, Maintaining Allowance?

Something like that anyway. The government pays you for attending school, depending upon what the household income is. You can either get £30, £20 or £10 per week, and bonuses during the end of terms.

I was too young to get it last year, and apparently my mom earns too much. <_<

:huh:

I scalded my hand karate-chopping a baked potato :(

I was reading about "the perfect baked potato" and that the best way to open it is to karate chop it as this lets all the steam out at once, but warned that if you did it too slowly you'd burn your hand, and too quickly you'd splatter it everywhere. I now know that you should wrap it in a clean tea towel before you chop it.

Potato was lovely, mind.

Guest The Phoenix
According to the Herald's TV page, we were supposed to be getting an hour of snooker highlights.

What did we have 'Anns á Gharradh' and 'Eórpa'! :angry:

Not please! <_<

Cunntas.