Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

They did it to Postman Pat, with this shitty "can you see what's in his bag" song and suddenly deciding that what Greendale really needed was a helipad and a railway station being run by a token family of Sub-Continental origin. So clearly serves no purpose whatsoevernique methods of production that made them so endearing.

They didn't do it to Postman Pat. Pat just now has a Special Delivery Service. :P

They didn't do it to Postman Pat. Pat just now has a Special Delivery Service. :P

And the only reason that's happened is because if he were still with Royal Mail, he'd be on strike for half the episodes (and refusing to deliver things the other).

And the only reason that's happened is because if he were still with Royal Mail, he'd be on strike for half the episodes (and refusing to deliver things the other).

I'm fairly sure that most of the mail only gets to its destination thanks to Jess. Pat's forever getting things in a muddle.

I'm fairly sure that most of the mail only gets to its destination thanks to Jess. Pat's forever getting things in a muddle.

that's a bit insensitive. pat has been showing the first signs of dementia lately. the doctor said a pet would keep his brain active.

Guest The Phoenix

That'll be Jess the African-American melanin-impoverished cat?

FFS first the Americans frame Thomas the Tank Engine around "Shining Time Station", then (again) the Americans put Noddy in a toy-shop. Now they change the name of Postman Pat!? Absolutely incredulous.

:lol: you do wonder if quite the same story could be run with DHL or TNT.

That'll be Jess the African-American melanin-impoverished cat?

Take a bow, old man.

FFS first the Americans frame Thomas the Tank Engine around "Shining Time Station", then (again) the Americans put Noddy in a toy-shop. Now they change the name of Postman Pat!? Absolutely incredulous.

No, it's not changed name, it's just like an extra service that Pat does for the good people of Greendale, that's all. He's still good old Postman Pat. Jess has her own show now, though.

You've got me singing that special delivery service song now! :angry:

You have to admit, it's much better than "Ooh, ask a lotta, ooh, ask a lotta, ooh, ask a lotta" or whatever the hell the words are. I had to put up with Adam walking around singing "SDS, Pat's on his way" just the other day there, so my sympathy is limited, I'm afraid. :P

You have to admit, it's much better than "Ooh, ask a lotta, ooh, ask a lotta, ooh, ask a lotta" or whatever the hell the words are. I had to put up with Adam walking around singing "SDS, Pat's on his way" just the other day there, so my sympathy is limited, I'm afraid. :P

I've just been doing that but you're right it is much better.

What the f**k have they done to the Dennis the Menace television series? The cartoon effect is so shit and generic compared with the older illustrations, the stories are a bit naff, and he's now a Mancs/Yorkshire cross and the Colonel doesn't have anything like the gravitas of his former presence and voice. Very disappointed.

Have you seen Sargent Slipper?! I was watching it a few days ago (he wasn't doing his job properly, so they got an extra policeman to do it) and I was almost shouting at my TV in rage. He doesn't look like that!

I've not bought the comic in a while, so I'll have to investigate further by buying one. I hope Fatty is still fat.

No, it's not changed name, it's just like an extra service that Pat does for the good people of Greendale, that's all. He's still good old Postman Pat. Jess has her own show now, though.

It's still fucking unacceptable. Next thing we know Fireman Sam will have a spin off called "Policeman Kodogo and his Culturally Indeterminate Spider Plant"

It's still fucking unacceptable. Next thing we know Fireman Sam will have a spin off called "Policeman Kodogo and his Culturally Indeterminate Spider Plant"

Or we'll have 'Church of Scotland: Fire, Brimstone and John Knox' changed to 'Church of Scotland Ministers and their completely symbolic God who isn't bothered at all about anything'.

PC gone mad! :angry:

Edited by vikingTON

Or we'll have 'Church of Scotland: Fire, Brimstone and John Knox' changed to 'Church of Scotland Ministers and their completely symbolic God who isn't bothered at all about anything'.

PC gone mad! :angry:

+1 for this wee gem.