Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Nerves :(

Going to my first days work under my own business today and I am bricking it. Silly really as the folk that have booked me in today are getting my services for free on the understanding it's for feedback and training purposes so it's not like my performance needs to be 100% spot on but I can't seem to help being bloody nervous about it.

And yes I understand the abobve paragraph looks very dodgy. :ph34r:

Animal shows?

Good luck. You'll be fine!

Or failing that, dangle some quartz, sniff some lavender oil, and sing an incantation to some sort of mother earth goddess!biggrin.gif

Thank feck you're not an aromatherapist. Or a herbal remedy practitioner either, as Lavender oil is not the first essential oil I'd use for the symptoms described. Lavender is primarily used for relaxation, settled sleep and de-stressing massages.

Depending on the type of cough she has, there are several herbal treatments that will help. Peppermint tea is very good at surpressing the cough reflex. Marshmallow root, frequently used in commercially available cough medicines, is helpful in easing a dry, hacking cough. Wild Cherry Bark syrup is a great expectorant if she has a phlegmy, congested chest cough. A quick trip to Holland & Barratt by Paisley Piazza should sort her out.

If she wants to add an essential oil to the treatment, then Lavender can be used as it is a relaxant and inhalation will ease the respiratory tract. But I would recommend Cedarwood - good for loosening mucus, Eucalyptus - which does the same but with the added benefit of reducing inflammation. If she's been coughing that much, the throat will be very sore and Eucalyptus will ease that. She could also try Rosemary or Sandalwood oils - both of which ease upper respiratory tract infections.

Obviously it helps if she has an essential oil burner and knows how to use it! I am waiving my usual consultation fee as a favour to Mountain Ash and shall send some positive energies her way.wink.gif

I realise you were trying to take the piss, (chanting any invocations to whatever deity would only exacerbate the cough, BTW, ya daftie!), but don't dabble in what you don't know. I wouldn't dream of advising you or anyone else of the comparative benefits of Monster Munch over Quavers, for example.tongue.gif

Blessed Be! )O(

See the )O(, does that mean that you show your bum cheeks and anus when you say Blessed Be, kind of like how a Christian clasps his hands together whilst saying Amen?

Why? Because I was offering some helpful advice to another person?

Why do you think I'm talking about you? It's the Petty Nags thread, and I'm annoyed that I don't have a negative point to give, hence why I posted on this thread.

Jeez, it's not like you to make everything about you, is it?

I've got a couple left, you needing a hitman?

Points whore!tongue.gif

See the )O(, does that mean that you show your bum cheeks and anus when you say Blessed Be, kind of like how a Christian clasps his hands together whilst saying Amen?

Err, no!huh.gif

Why do you think I'm talking about you? It's the Petty Nags thread, and I'm annoyed that I don't have a negative point to give, hence why I posted on this thread.

Jeez, it's not like you to make everything about you, is it?

Thank you for answering the question - that's all that was asked.

It's not like you to deliberately misinterpret every word posted, is it?

Kilt, what does )O( symbolise?

Thinking along the lines that Gaz was, It's a bit goatsee.

Seeing as I have been asked a reasonably courteous question (I'll ignore the 'goat' reference), I shall provide a courteous reply.

)O( is representative of the moon phases -

post-1053-1268303873714_thumb.gif

- and is particularly associated with the those of the Triple Goddess Pagan Path.

Seeing as I have been asked a reasonably courteous question (I'll ignore the 'goat' reference), I shall provide a courteous reply.

- and is particularly associated with the those of the Triple Goddess Pagan Path.

A'right, thanks. I was genuinely intrigued and thought it may have been a pendant or something.

He didn't call you a goat, he said it was like Goatse. It's one of them internet phenomenon picture thingies. Look it up.

He didn't call you a goat, he said it was like Goatse. It's one of them internet phenomenon picture thingies. Look it up.

A 'Goatse'? I shall indeed look it up as I've never heard of it before. Thanks.wink.gif

I did think at first he'd said 'Goatee' and was having a go at hippy style facial hair!laugh.gif