Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not really petty, but we think our dog is almost at the end of his life.

He's eleven years old, but has had health problems all his life - epilepsy since birth, and then kidney problems for the past three years. The medication for both has led to him carrying extra weight, and he has trouble getting up from a lying down position due to his back legs, which have been weakend by the extra weight he has.

He still seems happy, and he wags his tail all the time when he's awake, but he's sleeping more and more now.

Just a matter of time I guess, I took him out a wee walk last night and tonight which he seemed to enjoy, but he's not got the energy he used to.

I'll be devastated when he passes :(

He's eleven years old, but has had health problems all his life - epilepsy since birth, and then kidney problems for the past three years. The medication for both has led to him carrying extra weight, and he has trouble getting up from a lying down position due to his back legs, which have been weakend by the extra weight he has.

He still seems happy, and he wags his tail all the time when he's awake, but he's sleeping more and more now.

Just a matter of time I guess, I took him out a wee walk last night and tonight which he seemed to enjoy, but he's not got the energy he used to.

That's genuinely sad.

Sorry man. :(

Iam meant to go see Frankie Boyle tonight but even though the roads and trains are knackered plus the police are advising people not to travel, they are still not going to cancel the show - therefore i will not be refunded :(

My heart goes out to you Gaz :(

This is a reason to be cheerful and something petty that gets on my tits.

Snow. I hate snow.

I do however love the fact people are in a mad panic and are acting like it's armafuckinggeddon. Grow a pair. Baws or dids depending on your gender, of course.

Sorry to hear that mate. My wee dog of 12 years was put to sleep last Tuesday. She had an operation a few weeks ago to remove a tumor, and the Friday before she was put down she started vomiting, and only leaving bed to get up and vomit/shit. She just slept for the next few days, and it was only on the Sunday we noticed she had a horrible, blood red, raw looking growth on her stomach. Took her to the emergency vet and they kept her overnight, then we took her to another one the next morning. She was kept there until around 5pm, then was taken back to the emergency vet.

Kept in overnight again on a drip and antibiotics in the hope they would reduce the swelling, but it didn't work. They took her for an x-ray the next morning and there were too many complications.

I was at college on the Tuesday, so I didn't know what was going on until I phoned the maw at around noon, and that's when I found out she was put to sleep.

I understand that it was the best thing for her and she had a great life, but I'm just annoyed that I didn't really get to see her properly before it happened. It was a long hour and a half journey home after I found out. Used all my energy to stop myself crying like a big fucking lassie on the train back.

Just spend as much time with him as possible. The worst part now is the fact we had two dogs, and the other is her daughter. She keeps looking for her and it's heartbreaking.

When I was finishing school in 6th year my dog got put down on the day of my history exam. He was relatively old, 13 or 14 years old which for a small dog was excellent. He was crying during the nights and my parents began to suspect he was having heart problems. I was fortunate in that I felt I got to say goodbye to the dog before he was put down, given that I had a rough understanding of what was going on. I said to one of my mates after the exam I thought I knew what was going on, and when I got home my mum told me what was going on.

While I was sad to begin with, as they dog had grown up along with me and my brother and sister during the majority of our lives, it had to be done. Towards the end our dog was looking more and more tired and you knew he didn't have much time left. I think with these things, while it is gutting you can console yourself in the fact you know they've had a good life in your company and not been treated like shit. It really does my head in when you see people who clearly neglect their pets.

After spending nearly all night doing a last minute assignment which was absolutely shite, I went to the bank machine tired and grumpy to check my balance. Unfortunately there was a massive, black woman in front of me who was taking ridiculously long, something which irritates me even when I'm not in a stinking mood. After she finally wobbled away I checked my balance, and there was f**k all in there. "I couldn't be more pissed off right now" I thought. This was untill I went in to the Greggs on Sauchihall Street.

I walk in and what do you know the fat black woman is in front of me, eyeing up her scran. There's no hot food left apart from four sausage rolls (which annoyed me), but I thought f**k it I'll just have a sausage roll, that'll do. The fat bitch bought them all. mad.gif

After spending nearly all night doing a last minute assignment which was absolutely shite, I went to the bank machine tired and grumpy to check my balance. Unfortunately there was a massive, black woman in front of me who was taking ridiculously long, something which irritates me even when I'm not in a stinking mood. After she finally wobbled away I checked my balance, and there was f**k all in there. "I couldn't be more pissed off right now" I thought. This was untill I went in to the Greggs on Sauchihall Street.

I walk in and what do you know the fat black woman is in front of me, eyeing up her scran. There's no hot food left apart from four sausage rolls (which annoyed me), but I thought f**k it I'll just have a sausage roll, that'll do. The fat bitch bought them all. mad.gif

I'm struggling to see how the colour of her skin is supposed to be relevant to this story.