Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Really?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Yes sometimes it's round, sometimes square.  It's a crazy place to work ;)

:lol:

Really?

Yes sometimes it's round, sometimes square. It's a crazy place to work ;)

If only people knew how mental your workplace really is......

I applied for a job yesterday that I was easily capable of performing well in, I was qualified, had the necessary skills and experience and was in the process of being invited for a formal interview, with a view to start the job on Monday. I was asked if I had any previous convictions, I said that I had, however they were spent, and as it was just an administrative position, there was no call for an enhanced disclosure to be carried out. The girl went on to say that the employer wanted to carry out an enhanced disclosure for successful applicants, therefore I would not be taken on.

Fair enough I know that certain professions are out of bounds for me, but this was a fairly standard data processing job. What's the point in the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act if employer's don't give a f**k about it?

UKMail.

I order something on Monday from Apple, paying for the Express Delivery option which purported to guarantee delivery by yesterday. Apple's supplier had got the package to the UKMail Aberdeen Depot first thing on Wednesday, and the online tracker twice recorded "out for delivery". I waited here all day. In the front room. No package.

I waited today. In the front room. I checked the status updater. They retrospectively change the tracking information to say that they attempted a delivery at 3pm yesterday. Literally impossible. I was watching the door at that time. Not so much as a hint of a van. No card left to facilitate redelivery or to collect.

I call their customer service line. 30 minutes before I get through to someone. Claims there was an "agency driver" who "doesn't carry cards with him". I call bullshit, as there was not even a van here. I get "human error" cited re the tracking recording. Claims the package is out on a van and should be delivered today by 6pm.

It's 17:05. No package. I'm waiting with bated breath.

UKMail.

I order something on Monday from Apple, paying for the Express Delivery option which purported to guarantee delivery by yesterday. Apple's supplier had got the package to the UKMail Aberdeen Depot first thing on Wednesday, and the online tracker twice recorded "out for delivery". I waited here all day. In the front room. No package.

I waited today. In the front room. I checked the status updater. They retrospectively change the tracking information to say that they attempted a delivery at 3pm yesterday. Literally impossible. I was watching the door at that time. Not so much as a hint of a van. No card left to facilitate redelivery or to collect.

I call their customer service line. 30 minutes before I get through to someone. Claims there was an "agency driver" who "doesn't carry cards with him". I call bullshit, as there was not even a van here. I get "human error" cited re the tracking recording. Claims the package is out on a van and should be delivered today by 6pm.

It's 17:05. No package. I'm waiting with bated breath.

18:50

Has it arrived yet?

Guest The Phoenix

None of you b*****ds wished me a happy birthday today!

<< raging.

You're raging?

Mine was last September and I'm still waiting.