Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The guy upstairs from me works offshore and in the spells that he's back he is so loud. No music or any real proper disturbances late at night etc but i think he has a wooden floor and drags furniture about constantly and is generally a thunder footed oaf.

I really want to know what he's doing there because the number of times per day i hear what must be furniture being dragged about but i can't see what reason someone would be moving their furniture as often as that!

Dead bodies, NAP.

In League of Gentlemen telly programme, a sinister guy called Papa Lazarou called at people's houses. His catch phrase was "Now you're my wife". I was likening you to this fictional character.

I've been in many folks homes but never used that phrase. I think it would be counter productive.

Don't think so, its still hard to think what on earth he is up to as he is up and down like a fiddlers elbow!

Very strange. Maybe he likes building forts out of his furniture?

All quiet on the arguing front now. They did kick off massively last night about midnight, hopefully it won't escalate at that time again.

I believe you, but my point still stands.

Part of my job involves visiting customers and potential customers in their homes. Occasionally I will go in and folk will be watching Jeremy Kyle. I find that as depressing as hell.

Have you ever tried pitching your clothes pegs on here, instead of barging into peoples' sitting rooms? I'll have half a dozen.

I always imagine these situations to be worse than they probably are. Too much watching 'nightmare neighbours' type shows on tv I'd imagine. But don't you or anyone else on here ever feel like phoning environmental health or even the Polis to come sort out troublesome neighbours?

ETA: Or punch them in the puss yourself?

They're not a total nightmare, just a pain in the arse when Celtic are playing or when they've had a skinful.

I did end up confronting one of them last night, I feel quite bad as the guy was having a massive domestic and I didn't help, but battering a door at midnight is beyond the pale in my opinion.

Continuing on the escalator theme, the most pointless thing on the entire planet is when you walk into a shop and they only have one set of escalators, and the things are set on going down mode. What's the fucking point, as a Fat Finn once said.

Continuing on the escalator theme, the most pointless thing on the entire planet is when you walk into a shop and they only have one set of escalators, and the things are set on going down mode. What's the fucking point, as a Fat Finn once said.

When I was a kid, we lived near a big Debenhams (I think) that had up and down escalators separated off at different parts of each floor, with no signposting to where they were. Place was always full of old ladies asking the staff how to leave the building. Might have been a cunning plan to make sure everyone saw as much of their stock as possible, thinking about it.

Im at the forge shopping centre just now, do you want me to come round and sort him out m8

The Forge? You should fit in well there mate!