Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Similar area. Sportsmen/women who bless themselves. Particularly footballers. Maybe a religious person could fill me in but I don't get it. If it's to bless the ground do they do it every time they walk through a park? If it's because it's their work place would they really do it walking into Asda if they were a shelf-stacker?

I don't know why it does but it annoys me. As does Religion in general tbf. But to me I always think of it as a trend rather than a genuine thing.

The absolute worstcunts are these types:-

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1472046250.584477.jpg

Was playing 7's a couple of weeks ago and a boy who had just finished playing on the other park whapped his prayer mat out and was giving it big licks in the car park.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Similar area. Sportsmen/women who bless themselves. Particularly footballers. Maybe a religious person could fill me in but I don't get it. If it's to bless the ground do they do it every time they walk through a park? If it's because it's their work place would they really do it walking into Asda if they were a shelf-stacker?

I don't know why it does but it annoys me. As does Religion in general tbf. But to me I always think of it as a trend rather than a genuine thing.

The absolute worstcunts are these types:-

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1472046250.584477.jpg

That fanny Izzaguirre does it on the way out the tunnel for Celtic too. Fucking embarrassing stuff.

Regarding the religious stuff sportsfolk do as mentioned above (religion :lol:), do they think god gave them the ability or luck to win? What happens if they lose? Also folk from either side will be praying, so how does their god decide who to favour? 

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Regarding the religious stuff sportsfolk do as mentioned above (religion :lol:), do they think god gave them the ability or luck to win? What happens if they lose? Also folk from either side will be praying, so how does their god decide who to favour? 

There's no point in even beginning to try and understand the sky fairy believers to be honest.

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think quite a lot of athletes are superstitious and view the jewellery as some sort of good luck charm. That said it really fucking annoys me also and just seems like such a stupid idea to have a big golden chain round your neck when you are about to play sport of any kind.

Aye you see the Lycra lot & they get all their hair cut off (probably by a Turkish barber) so they are ultra streamlined then you see them with chains on ffs. 

G-Bo(re) 

They probably respond the same way as they do when asked things such as "Why does God give children cancer?"

The "town crier" in work.

Anytime she cottons on to any "news" breaking she barks it out, usually reading the first few lines of the news report as if everyone else is incapable of looking it up if they're semi interested.

Been particularly horrific given the amount of celebrity deaths this year ("AW NO THATS VICTORIA WOOD AWAY NOW") and the Olympics ("ANOTHER GOLD FOR US IN THE SAILING")

Incredibly petty but so fucking annoying day in, day out.

8 hours ago, PWL said:

On that note, I used to work in an office next to the Apple store. At every product launch there would be a queue 200+ folk long at 7:30am.

Machine gunning would have been too kind for them.

Aldi opened it's first stores recently in Western Australia. They had to set up those winding temporary barriers you get at airport security to control the queues of up to 6 hours long.

6 hours.

Aldi.

41 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Aldi opened it's first stores recently in Western Australia. They had to set up those winding temporary barriers you get at airport security to control the queues of up to 6 hours long.

6 hours.

Aldi.

^^^ Front of the queue.  Bought four things he wanted and six things he had no intention of buying.

People from Essex (Well the ones on TV.) that stupid accent and way of talking.Everything is mint,sick or some other bollocks. And as for being dumb, the average IQ of a slug.Take them off a reality show and put them on a quiz and by f**k they come out with some amount of shite.

44 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

People from Essex (Well the ones on TV.) that stupid accent and way of talking.Everything is mint,sick or some other bollocks. And as for being dumb, the average IQ of a slug.Take them off a reality show and put them on a quiz and by f**k they come out with some amount of shite.

Essex isn't a real place

Staying on topic..."x items or less" notices.  Whatever happened to 'fewer' as a word?

It's falling into desuetude

It's hard to think of a way that having separate words for "fewer" and "less" actually conveys any useful information

We know that "items" are countable