Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People (women) who wear fancy sports gear to go walking. You're just walking love, you don't need to wear fucking under-armour and a fucking visor.

Also, that story about the Australian family is mostly bullshit. They're chancers who did know that the system was changing before they decided to move and they've been trying to cheat the system for years and deserve to be deported.

Just now, Spain said:

People (women) who wear fancy sports gear to go walking. You're just walking love, you don't need to wear fucking under-armour and a fucking visor.

Also, that story about the Australian family is mostly bullshit. They're chancers who did know that the system was changing before they decided to move and they've been trying to cheat the system for years and deserve to be deported.

Too right, they had plenty warnings and time to adhere to the visa requirements but decided to gamble on being white middle class.

7 hours ago, philpy said:

The new irn bru "xtra". Vile taste, no wonder morrisons are punting it at 78p for 2 litres.

How does it compare to Diet Irn-Bru, Philpy? I haven't seen the Xtra anywhere yet, and I've sadly been off the Bru since I worked out that caffeine wasn't doing me any good, but I'd put up with the new one if it was reasonably close to Diet and didn't make my headaches worse.

The D:ream song Things Can Only Get Better as seen in the video in jmothecat's sig, above.

Brian Cox of all people should know that entropy will ultimately lead to the heat-death of the universe, so in fact things can only get worse.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Waiting staff that make small mistakes like dropping glasses when I'm paying top dollar at a restaurant.

Where in Motherwell would you pay top dollar? Burger King doesn't count.

The new irn bru "xtra". Vile taste, no wonder morrisons are punting it at 78p for 2 litres.

Having some just now out of sheer curiosity after reading this.

Not that bad imo, just that the taste dies off a bit quickly. Better than the sugar free variety I'd say.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Where in Motherwell would you pay top dollar? Burger King doesn't count.

There's a Burger King in Motherwell? The place hasn't been the same since Wimpy closed.

ETA: PTTGOMN: Burger shops that don't provide plates, knives, forks and don't have Mr Wimpy as a mascot.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

2 hours ago, jmothecat said:

International breaks. I used to find them really exciting whereas now it seems like an unwelcome break from the football I actually want to watch.

Combining this 1 with the super diddy cup is quite an idea.

On Sunday I'm gonnae watch Turriff play Hibs before cheering on Slovakia and Scotland

One of my jobs when I was a student I was a waiter at a posh restaurant and got paid the minimum wage and was on a zero hours contract. Tips were poor because they pooled them and split them between everyone. Made more working for a downmarket bar/cafe the following summer. Had more fun and staff were treated better too.

I don't know if that is typical, I'm sure Michelin star places and top of the range places pay more, but I'm glad I saw sense and decided to leave service altogether and go for a supermarket by the time I was in third year. Better pay, better job, treated a lot better, actually given contracted hours etc.

People who park big f**k off 4x4s or long vans in standard parking spaces so that the back sticks out causing an obstruction, all just because they are lazy c***s and want to park as close to the store as possible. This is particularly annoying when the car park is 3/4 empty and they could have chosen any one of over 100 empty back to back spaces.

People who decide to have a catch up with their pals at the entrance to the supermarket, between the two sets of automatic doors, right in the way of every other person who wants to come or go. I bet one of c***s drives a 4x4 and the other a long van. Arseholes.