Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Au contraire mon frère.  One set are kept wrapped round my ipod and the other are in my laptop bag.  I also have music on my phone in case the ipod is left at home.  I cannot forget my laptop bag as I'd be fucked at work without it.

So there.

Wow. They have really strict discipline at your place.

Au contraire mon frère.  One set are kept wrapped round my ipod and the other are in my laptop bag.  I also have music on my phone in case the ipod is left at home.  I cannot forget my laptop bag as I'd be fucked at work without it.

So there.

I have a decent pair of Sony ones but the sound is dead in one ear! Would there be a place I could take them to that would fix it on the cheap you think? Also do you listen to Spotify on the go or what? I can't justify buying lots of albums on my I tunes, spent hundreds on I tunes in my time but it's all to waste as i never got to move it over to my phone so I don't really listen to music on the go.

Or a Fanny pack, if he was stateside.

First time I heard of this word was at a large Scout camp over there. One of our guys said he'd lost his bum bag, at which point a guy announced to hundreds over a Tannoy* (at the highest possible volume) "THIS BOY HAS LOST HIS FANNY PACK! IF ANYONE FINDS A FANNY PACK etc etc".

Needless to say there was severe hilarity amongst a group of Scottish teenagers as the Yanks looked on completely miffed.

*public address system, I know.

3 hours ago, IainMorton said:

The cleaner in my work sometimes puts the paper towels in the holder flat side down, meaning you can't grab at them the usual way and can only access them by opening the holder and taking one from the top of the pile. <_<

Upturn all the waste paper bins on your floor before they come in, that'll fucking show them.

FFS fucking stupid tart.

Sore-footed shopper in Stratford-upon-Avon calls 999 for lift home.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-37249243

I used to work in the 999 call centre at BT in Dundee, unfortunately this level of stupidity is very common. My favourite one was the guy who phoned to get the fire brigade to cut the lock off his bike because he couldn't be arsed walking home to get the key.

Nipped into pub for swift pint while missus shopping next door and c***s have no draught beer for an hour or so as system being changed. A 375ml bottle at $1 less than a pint is not an ideal substitute, even if it is James Boag's Premium.

ETA Now a RTBC she's going to be longer than she thought so have another beer so off to another pub.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Nipped into pub for swift pint while missus shopping next door and c***s have no draught beer for an hour or so as system being changed. A 375ml bottle at $1 less than a pint is not an ideal substitute, even if it is James Boag's Premium.

ETA Now a RTBC she's going to be longer than she thought so have another beer so off to another pub.

^^^Ozzy metrosexual found 

G-Bo(re)

Just as I was about to walk out the door this morning to get the train, I realised that I needed to drop the kids off at the pool and that it wouldn't wait until I got into work.  A rushed visit to the toilet and a mad dash to the train has now left me feeling totally out of sorts.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I go every morning at the same time. Regular as clockwork. Some days I need to pay repeat visits, but the first of the day is always around 7.20am.

7:20 was when I got the call today.  My train is at 7:32.

I've also just had a coffee at work and there is a bit of commotion going on downstairs.  My day is totally out of kilter.  I'm going to write to my MP or something.

26 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I go every morning at the same time. Regular as clockwork. Some days I need to pay repeat visits, but the first of the day is always around 7.20am.

The problem is that he doesn't get up until 7.30.