Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Away and eat your so-called lunch.

Haven't made any for today, events overtook me last night (lolling at Celtic mainly).

Popping out to procure something later. Not sure quite what yet.

The BBC's use of the phrase "So-called"

I actually think that Islamic States full name is "So-called Islamic State"

Yeah it really pisses me off that they use 'so called Islamic state'. The BBC are supposed to be neutral but being neutral on a terrorist group just seems ridiculous. Daesh is the phrase most politicians use and that's what I think they should use.

I was in Tesco earlier and standing at the queue and the checkout a woman who worked there told me I should go to 'Moira at till two, she has a smaller queue' so I went down there, waited for a minute watching the slowest checkout assistant I've ever seen. Got fed up, went back to my original till and the person there was just finishing up serving the person who had been in front of me but by then other people had joined the queue.

Always seems to happen whenever I take their advice to go to another till. In future I'm just going to follow my instinct.

37 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

IS should officially change their name to "So-called Islamic State", purely to piss the BBC off IMO.

Then they'd have to be the So-Called So-Called Islamic State.

Have to agree though, it makes the BBC journalism look amateurish.  There's nothing So-Called about IS.  

They should only be referred to as what they are. Terrorists. Shove their ISIS/ISIL/Daesh up their arse. They aren't an organisation or a group, they are terrorists and should be referred to as such. It's as simple as that.

If I was the (so called) IS leader, I'd change the name to c***s, then when I sent out my next suicide bomber, the beeb would have to report these so called c***s blew up a polis station killing etc & that would show the world that although we are evil we can still have a sense of humour.

Grimbo

ETA I have no intention of applying for the post should it become available.                                                                                                                         

Edited by Grim O'Grady

2 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

If I was the (so called) IS leader, I'd change the name to c***s, then when I sent out my next suicide bomber, the beeb would have to report these so called c***s blew up a polis station killing etc & that would show the world that although we are evil we can still have a sense of humour.

Grimbo

ETA I have no intention of applying for the post should it become available.                                                                                                                         

I'm sure people would be happy to chuck a few quid into a Just Giving fund to send Grimbo to have a chat with the So Called IS. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

They should only be referred to as what they are. Terrorists. Shove their ISIS/ISIL/Daesh up their arse. They aren't an organisation or a group, they are terrorists and should be referred to as such. It's as simple as that.

They should call them Daesh as it's a derogatory term that they are not fond of. They probably sit pishing themselves laughing at the BBC's attempt to offend them. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I take it you don't know what this means.

2 hours ago, Rowan said:

4 weeks into school year and my son has destroyed 3 polo shirts and a pair of trousers. And my daughter a pinafore.

Buy him some top quality polo's then, like Ralph Lauren or Lacoste, and they won't get wrecked. Its false economy buying that cheap Asda tat. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Buy him some top quality polo's then, like Ralph Lauren or Lacoste, and they won't get wrecked. Its false economy buying that cheap Asda tat. Thank you.

It wasn't asda! And I'm not buying a 7 yr old Ralph Lauren!