Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Can't remember exactly, but IIRC it's not a kick in the arse off £6.

What a rip off.

All young kids will come wi an adult and no doubt want sweets and juice etc. Can't the cinema make enough of ripping them off for that without charging a bloody Bairn? Wankers.:thumbsdown

Unless you're in a snow, rain or sandstorm, or an eclipse, or a country that has no Street lights.

Yeah that was a shit rule of thumb.

How about - do I need them on? That seems a much more sensible rule.

Too many folk think as long as they themselves can see that's enough, completely forgetting that they have to be seen by other drivers as well.

I'm driving an old car just now (14 Plate) and it doesn't have auto headlights which I'd got used to on my last few cars. I'm pretty sure I'd forget to put them on at night so I just leave the headlights on all the time.

I'll make a point of putting them on full beam when I go through Falkirk now though.

1 hour ago, Günther said:

I drive a Volvo, you can't turn the lights off :lol: 

You can turned the dipped headlights off, by merely turning the switch until your sidelights are on.

You'll even get a handy buzzer noise when you're leaving the car so your moronic head won't leave them on.

3 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm driving an old car just now (14 Plate) and it doesn't have auto headlights which I'd got used to on my last few cars. I'm pretty sure I'd forget to put them on at night so I just leave the headlights on all the time.

I'll make a point of putting them on full beam when I go through Falkirk now though.

Everyone else seems too.

Have you seen those Nissan Juke with the 300 head lamps every owner seems to put them all on regardless of need? What a set of arseholes

Water cooler etiquette (lack of)

1) Folk who remove the drip tray from the water dispenser in order to fill their water bottles (so far, so good) but then don't replace the drip tray resulting in a watery mess all over the floor

2) Folk who can't even be bothered removing the drip tray and try to fill their water bottles by holding them at a ridiculous angle resulting in a full drip tray (which is left until someone else empties it) and a watery mess all over the floor.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Babysitting adults.

Going to conference at work with three fully grown women (wid nots) and to get from Glasgow city centre to SECC they have all decided we need to meet in morning at hotel reception and travel together. 

Each separately had to ask me how to get from queen street to hotel. Surely everyone is able to use Google by now?

Have had to spend a full day being non committal, evasive and telling outright lies to avoid getting on train with them tonight.

They also want to go for an evening meal together tomorrow. So we can talk about work? f**k off ill be going to cineworld.

Update.

I was good enough to agree to walk these people from city centre out to SECC . I allocated 30 minutes for what takes me a 20 minute walk. It took 40 minutes as these people never walk the length of themselves - this is my fault for not allocating enough time.

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I've complained before that my phone has a low opinion of me but now it's really taking the piss. Suggesting that I set up an app to remind me when it's bedtime. 

Shat myself that my phone now reads my emails and puts stuff in my diary. Rise of the machines can't be far away.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I've complained before that my phone has a low opinion of me but now it's really taking the piss. Suggesting that I set up an app to remind me when it's bedtime. 

My phone is a fucking idiot. Obviously the football team I search most for is Dundee but it never automatically updates me on Dundee scores but instead lets me know how teams I've looked up occasionally or even just the once are getting on. 

I don't care how Bolton are getting on you dick. 

46 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My phone is a fucking idiot. Obviously the football team I search most for is Dundee but it never automatically updates me on Dundee scores but instead lets me know how teams I've looked up occasionally or even just the once are getting on. 

I don't care how Bolton are getting on you dick. 

Sounds like it's really intelligent, and thinking "This guy can't really be a Dundee supporter - must be a bot!"