Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just read about some woman who went off on one because ASDA had sweaters/jumpers in the boys section  saying Future Scientist and the Girls saying Daddy's little Girl, or something like that.  She took half of the boy's sweaters and moved them to the girls section and then went on Facebook to have a rant at ASDA's sexist ways. What happened to the world when I wasn't looking?  I'd have loved it if every comment called her out as a total fucktard.  Unfortunately, and not surprisingly, it wasn't to be.

Radio Scotland had a phone-in dedicated to this very subject a few weeks ago and I think they have a fair point tbf. Additionally, it was highlighted that it's rather difficult to get neutral coloured clothes as opposed to a boys section full of blue and a girl's awash with pink.

Radio Scotland had a phone-in dedicated to this very subject a few weeks ago and I think they have a fair point tbf. Additionally, it was highlighted that it's rather difficult to get neutral coloured clothes as opposed to a boys section full of blue and a girl's awash with pink.

I quite like what John Lewis have done, where they've labeled everything 'girls and boys'. So there is a section with more dinosaur and dragon type things, and one with princesses and pink etc but they were not using any specific gendered terms. Think it's a great idea tbh. It's incredible how rigid people's attitudes are towards boys things and girls things and I can't help but think it's a learned behaviour.

I wouldn't go so far as to move things from one section to another mind but the sexism of kids clothing is something that's irritated me in the past.

32 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Just read about some woman who went off on one because ASDA had sweaters/jumpers in the boys section  saying Future Scientist and the Girls saying Daddy's little Girl, or something like that.  She took half of the boy's sweaters and moved them to the girls section and then went on Facebook to have a rant at ASDA's sexist ways. What happened to the world when I wasn't looking?  I'd have loved it if every comment called her out as a total fucktard.  Unfortunately, and not surprisingly, it wasn't to be.

If Asda was being honest about its customers they'd say stuff like "future housebreaker" or "mummy is not sure which of the local YT was my daddy".

I remember when Asda were selling a £49 suit, the brought out an advertising campaign in the paper with people holding it up and the reasons why they were buying it. IIRC one was for "his wedding" to the schemepig standing next to him and another was for "an upcoming Court appearance". 

I remember when Asda were selling a £49 suit, the brought out an advertising campaign in the paper with people holding it up and the reasons why they were buying it. IIRC one was for "his wedding" to the schemepig standing next to him and another was for "an upcoming Court appearance". 

Someone has to find this

50 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

How did it fit?

I thought that ASDA had a great response to the mad woman - they dressed it up nicely (no pun intended) but basically they said that they sell the products that people want to buy.  Yes, you might argue that people can only buy what's available but still.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Edinburgh schools finish at midday on Fridays for some odd reason making the traffic at this time of day horrendous. Takes me twice as long to get anywhere.

Gives us two rush hours on a Friday. I just try and avoid having to go anywhere between 12-1 on a Friday. The private schools (about 30% in Edinburgh) finish at the "normal" time so the whole afternoon is fucked. 

Strangely, traffic in the morning on a Friday always seems lighter. Maybe the most popular day to skive off? Eg you may have been to a Wetherspoons' wedding the night before.  

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Edinburgh schools finish at midday on Fridays for some odd reason making the traffic at this time of day horrendous. Takes me twice as long to get anywhere.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Posting the same thing twice is definitely a good way to try and claw back that lost time.

Never smoked hash, but the smell doesn't bother me much. Tobacco smoke gives me a headache, and Alloa used to reek of booze sometimes when the breweries were still open, which would turn my stomach in the mornings.

I remember streets in South London where you didn't even need to smoke the stuff to get a buzz, though. It seems like everyone in parts of places like Norwood is high, and couldn't care less who knows it.