Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Mariah carey “all i want for christmas”

Detest this song for the simple reason, that as soon as radio stations start playing christmas songs, that xylophone is the 1st thing you hear on every station.

Don’t mind most christmas songs as well.

All i want for christmas mariah is for you and yer song to **** off.

7 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Detest this song for the simple reason, that as soon as radio stations start playing christmas songs, that xylophone is the 1st thing you hear on every station.

Thank me later.

On 21/12/2017 at 16:39, invergowrie arab said:

Pub I'm at won't accept an old fiver (fair enough) but they gave me it.

Speaking of which...folk who don't understand that it's just the English paper fivers that aren't legal tender anymore.

Also, people who walk into businesses and ask if the cashier will take their out-of-date fivers/pound coins and swap them for new ones  :1eye

On 22/12/2017 at 13:16, 19QOS19 said:

The big deal being made of the passport changing colour after Brexit. I couldn't give a f**k if it fluorescent, it's a passport ffs.

The day after the vote, there were weirdos all over the internet trumpeting the fact that we'd be able to get back to the good old British blue passport, to the point that I started wondering if this had been a primary motivator for some people.

Who'd have thought that folk wanting to leave the EU would be so obsessed with colour?

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

That Pogues Christmas fucking song makes me cringe

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Get in the fucking sea the pair of you! That is unquestionably the best Christmas song ever b)

I’d rather listen to Cliff’s mistletoe and wine if I’m honest

pogues just came on absolute 80s and I’ve run through and turned it off ffs :lol: 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I actually sat and listened to that song properly for the first time the other day. I got into work and it hasn't finished (it got to the bit where she forgot the cranberries and had to go to the shop and bumped in to some bloke she had been wanting to pump) so I sat in the car park and waited for it to finish.

Ill be honest, it didn't fill me with the Christmas spirit.

I don't think I've ever bothered listening to the words. It's got some fat bass in it, and that's all that counts.

Being abroad in the sticks for the past fortnight, I've avoided any of these Christmas songs and as a result can actually 'enjoy' (well, withstand) these songs (and general festivities) for one week a year now that I'm back.

A formal year long ban on these songs / festivities from the exception of 18-25th Dec would be a good deal for all and getting this rather excellent proposal discussed in parliament is a mere e-petition away.

Advent calendars would of course get special treatment and be allowed for the whole of December. I'm not a f***ing monster.