Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sitting in a hotel bar explaining to a group of American colleagues about why last night’s ECL result was such a big hairy deal. They finally got the point that a comeback like that is virtually unheard of.

Spurs were on the television, 3-0 behind and I said “Of course, that kind of thing isn’t going to happen twice.”

58 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Sitting in a hotel bar explaining to a group of American colleagues about why last night’s ECL result was such a big hairy deal. They finally got the point that a comeback like that is virtually unheard of.

Spurs were on the television, 3-0 behind and I said “Of course, that kind of thing isn’t going to happen twice.”

Easiest explanation for the yanks is it's the equivalent of the patriots comeback from 28-3 down against the falcons in the super bowl. 

Easiest explanation for the yanks is it's the equivalent of the patriots comeback from 28-3 down against the falcons in the super bowl. 

...and then having a different team come back from 28-3 down in the other Superbowl the following night.

12 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for saying that. :D

On 5/9/2019 at 08:27, LondonHMFC said:

Tonsillitis, never had it in my life before March where I had a bout, and woken up again this morning with it. 

I used to get it all the time. It could be like swallowing glass. The right antibiotics soon nail it but chloraseptic spray can help. Or gargle warmed up brandy laced with lemsip. 

folk who submit fatuous (though outwardly helpful) responses to questions which are clearly asked in the hope of getting a definitive, accurate answer - example from the DRFC message board:

image.png.0f1b9b5f6106ec7e66584755e9104c54.png

anyone who's seen the place on TV could make a wild stab in the dark at "around the 14,000 mark" with zero prior knowledge, no understanding of the the specific segregation arrangements for the match in question or access to any sort of verified information whatsoever - why bother putting forward a no more educated guess than the OP would be able to have made for himself in the first place - just, why ?

13 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

folk who submit fatuous (though outwardly helpful) responses to questions which are clearly asked in the hope of getting a definitive, accurate answer - example from the DRFC message board:

image.png.0f1b9b5f6106ec7e66584755e9104c54.png

anyone who's seen the place on TV could make a wild stab in the dark at "around the 14,000 mark" with zero prior knowledge, no understanding of the the specific segregation arrangements for the match in question or access to any sort of verified information whatsoever - why bother putting forward a no more educated guess than the OP would be able to have made for himself in the first place - just, why ?

To be fair a quick look at Wiki would have given them the exact number.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

The right antibiotics soon nail it

Got some Phenoxymethylpenicillin yesterday, two tablets four times a day. Took today off, just lying in bed sweating it all out, absolutely reeking.

4 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Got some Phenoxymethylpenicillin yesterday, two tablets four times a day. Took today off, just lying in bed sweating it all out, absolutely reeking.

The relief is glorious when they start working. If the pain doesn’t lift quickly then doubling the dose should shift it. 

Can I add to this people who ask questions online/in a whatsapp group etc questions that are incredibly easy to find themselves, far easier than posting in whatsapp and waiting for a response.

Case in point - what's the football fixtures this weekend?

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can I add to this people who ask questions online/in a whatsapp group etc questions that are incredibly easy to find themselves, far easier than posting in whatsapp and waiting for a response.

Case in point - what's the football fixtures this weekend?

Dumbarton fans have a wee facebook group and someone has just asked "does anyone know if the sponsored shirts can be collected now?".  Just pick up the phone and ask the club yourself. I find that there's a growing number of people who will do absolutely fucking anything to avoid speaking to an actual real human with their real voice, so just ask questions in their safe wee groups.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

You also get it as a way of boasting:

"I've just bought [very expensive thing] online, what do other people think about it?"

A poster on this very forum used a newspaper headline that was something like "owner jets in" to go on about how the newspaper is a joke, "how else would he get here? I hate that I give them £25k a year for advertising". 

Some sehz minter, that one. 

'Does anyone know the phone number for the doctors in Alness?'

Yes, Google does mate.  You know that popular search engine on the internet, the thing you're on just now?