Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's 'health month' at my work and they've just covered the office in reminders not to drink too much alcohol in a week.

All so they can tick some box that says they care about their employees by stating the fucking obvious.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

People saying, "You should watch Game of Thrones, you'd like it". f**k off. 

The reason I posted this was because the missus had it on the telly as I sat beside her on the couch reading my Viz, and it reminded me of a guy at work saying it to me the other day amongst the numerous other people who've said it to me ever since it started.  I swear, less than 20 minutes after posting this she said "I think you'd have liked this if you'd been following it". I had to ask her, "Based on what? I never watch dramas and if I ever watch TV it's football, the news, true crime or documentaries."

I only said "f**k off" internally.

sat at work doing some tedious website admin - we have to choose an image from a collection of different pics (which all have unique four digit reference numbers) and match it to different paragraphs which are set out in a word document from which the website text will be taken

instead of just typing the chosen image file name next to the relevant text block in the word doc (so there's one coherent source of matched data for the website bloke to work from), the twat i share an office with is creating separate folders for the images inside the main catalogue folder, each one named after the different sections, dragging each image in to the relevant folder and then changing the file name to 'section A - image 1' and so on

it's fucking painful to watch - i really want to just shout "what the f**k are you doing you little twat" every time i have to wait for him to catch up with me as he says "i'm still changing the last file name - just hang on...."

jesus !

crying.gif

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The reason I posted this was because the missus had it on the telly as I sat beside her on the couch reading my Viz, and it reminded me of a guy at work saying it to me the other day amongst the numerous other people who've said it to me ever since it started.  I swear, less than 20 minutes after posting this she said "I think you'd have liked this if you'd been following it". I had to ask her, "Based on what? I never watch dramas and if I ever watch TV it's football, the news, true crime or documentaries."

I only said "f**k off" internally.

I think you’d like it if you gave it a chance. Full of tits and beheadings. 

TalkTalk's shite shite shite shite internet that cuts out five minutes before I'm about to start a race in Gran Turismo, meaning I now need to wait until the next slot at 11 o'clock
I am sorry for saying this, but that made me smile.

When a car in front of you randomly decides to stop and let someone out a junction.

When did this start being a thing that sane people do? Stopped traffic yes, moving traffic no. Just managed to stop in time.

Edited by D.A.F.C

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
TalkTalk's shite shite shite shite internet that cuts out five minutes before I'm about to start a race in Gran Turismo, meaning I now need to wait until the next slot at 11 o'clock

I am sorry for saying this, but that made me smile.

Made it into the final race of the night

Group of three of us line astern on the last lap with me at the front, getting ready to fight with the other two guys on the huge straight to try and win

Second last corner, one of them passes me on the left (to be clear it's a street track, it's basically three lanes wide and no more) and knocks me into the wall, I get a 3 second penalty and end up finishing 4th

Think I might put the game away for a wee while

Group of three of us line astern on the last lap with me at the front, getting ready to fight with the other two guys on the huge straight to try and win
Second last corner, one of them passes me on the left (to be clear it's a street track, it's basically three lanes wide and no more) and knocks me into the wall, I get a 3 second penalty and end up finishing 4th
The written version, with absolutely no mention of a controller lying in bits beside you

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The written version, with absolutely no mention of a controller lying in bits beside you

I've put a lot of hours into this game and been completely raging at it a lot of times. Right now I'm just numb. 

When a car in front of you randomly decides to stop and let someone out a junction.
When did this start being a thing that sane people do? Stopped traffic yes, moving traffic no. Just managed to stop in time.
Good job you went on your phone immediately after.

I've forgot to set a recording for "The Virtues" tonight. 

Q : will/is it become available on catch up? 

It’s on again the night mate. I also forgot but remembered about half an hour in, quick search and recording episode 1 on some channel around 10 tonight - sorry I can’t mind the exact time or channel!